Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Wisconsin

Well thanks for all the kind welcomes everyone. Sorry it took me this long to respond. The other forum I belong to does not have as many members, therefore it moves much slower than this one, I'll have to get use to that A couple of you asked where I am in Wisconsin, I live in the Waukesha area. I wasn't expecting so many others to be from Wisconsin! Gotta love it here I see you guys like the pictures, I'll get those posted for ya...

This is the first bowl I made, it is from an Elm tree cut down from my backyard

IMG_3631 (600 x 450).jpg IMG_3632 (600 x 450).jpg

This is the second bowl I made. It is Bloodwood. Man was that stuff tough. I would not have made only my 2nd bowl out of this stuff if I knew beforehand what it was and how dense it was.

IMG_3514 (600 x 450).jpg

And lastly, my 3rd bowl which is Birch. Made this one and sent it in the mail to my girlfriend's Dad who lives about 3 hours away from us. He is a retired carpenter who likes these kinds of things and we try to keep in touch with him as much as possible.

IMG_1515 (600 x 450).jpg

Well thanks for lookin everyone. I hope I can take some more time out to work on my lathe than I did last year. Still have lots to learn! I'll post my flatwork stuff in the section titled "Woodworking Projects"

Welcome from another cheesehead in the Sheboygan area.
    Trying to eliminate sandpaper - one curly shaving at a time.

Welcome Westley! This is a great place to learn from many talented turners. I can see you are well on your way with those bowls - all three are really good looking.

Brian
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Welcome Westley, Very nice looking bowls.
    Gary

"It is neither wealth nor splendor, but tranquility and occupation which give happiness. " Thomas Jefferson