Thread: Dna?

Dna?

Can anybody tell me if there is a difference between DNA and methanol? If there is, will methanol work for soaking wood. I know the methanol has an affinity for water. We get methanol by the 55 gal drum at work.
    Last edited by John Fricke; 02-14-2009 at 8:01 PM. Reason: spelling
    If it ain't broke...fix it anyways...that's why you told your wife you needed all those tools.

My gramps' fav.....If you don't stop, you won't be stuck.

Oh......and most importantly........I am 362 miles mostly south and a little east of Steve Schlumpf.
    Support the Creek
    for only .0164 cents / day

DNA = DeNatured Alcohol. Usually, this is a solution of mostly ethanol, with a "de-naturing" agent to make it poisonous so that it can be sold without excise taxes applied or a liquor license. In the U.S., that denaturing agent is usually methanol, somewhere around 3%. Elsewhere, it may be sold as "methylated spirits", but is essentially the same thing. I would NOT recommend using straight methanol, as it is much more toxic to the human body.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

John, we use to use methanol for racing and cleaning up the shop afterwards. it would dry water on the shop floor quick so I dont see why it wouldnt work for soaking wood
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

I agree with Jason. Methanol is more harmful and very toxic to the body.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.