Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creek Waders Weekend Accomplishments.

Question Creek Waders Weekend Accomplishments.

Well.....another weekend has come and gone.....they sure seem to keep getting shorter and shorter..

I got the STOOLS done this weekend and delivered them today!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!! Woodworking is a LOT better as a hobby and not a "bidness"........Worked on "other stuff" this weekend as well as hope to start a new project this coming week.

That's it for me.....now....what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of Weeks....
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Good Weekend!

Worked on my taxes and spent a couple of hours in the shop setting up my new Leigh FMT. Cut my first joint with it--perfection! Man, that is a great tool. Now only 120 mortise and tenons to go and the crib will be done!

Cheers,

Greg

This...Weekend work
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

<center> Storage Cabinet</center>

I assembled the carcass of my cabinet and built faceframes, doors and top. I'm applying finish this week and need hinges. I can't get the ones I want here and I'm not driving 90 miles to Little Rock so I better order some.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Zack Jennings
    Refugee from the Pond

I dropped three trees that should have been down in Feb. I havent bucked one of the trunks yet, I'm going to see if there's a wood mizer around here somewhere. It looks too nice to be fire wood. Besides, I have about 5 cords already. That's about as close to woodworking as I get lately.

Mike

Cool House prep, mainly.

As intended, got my shop door painted, basement window trim cut, milled, routed, stained and 1st coat of clear. Misc. odd 'n ends and turned my first Corian pen. Have a great week, all and be careful out there!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Machine Moving

Finally got the new machines and a Vidmar cabinet out of the garage, around the house and down the hatchway. Yee hah!

Talking FINALLY .... a gloat (with Pics)

My weekend was going from:</p>

Some bumps along the way, I'm planning on putting together a full review and instructions, but for now I'm one happy turner!!!

Looks like the images didn't work: Here's a link to the other thread:

Regards,
    Randy
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...&threadid=1061
    Last edited by Randy Miller; 03-17-2003 at 12:15 PM.

Finished most of plan

Well, I was able to complete the installation of the batten on the outside of my shop on Saturday, and I started turning a dry ash bowl. Those shavings sure are hot when the wood is dry.

On Sunday, I retrofitted a small window in the South wall of my shop and finished the insulation of the wall. I moved my lathe to that wall and now have full access to my workbench and have a full 6' of floor space in which to work.

I could have done more, but LOML was a bit under the weather and I had kid watching duty for part of each day.

Still, I am pleased that I managed to get some planned stuff accomplished.
    Don't burn the wood, turn the wood.

Blog Entries

Smile Weekend Work

The only shop time I had this weekend was disignated for clean-up. Spent most of Saturday cleaning the shop. It was a mess with sawdust everywhere. Now it's time to start a new project.

Weekend Accomplishments

Lets see! I am always sanding plaques, this is a job that never ends so whenever I have a few minutes I try to sand a few plaques and not turn it into a major session.

Got some graphics work done Saturday, scanned three college diplomas, two certificates and a HS diploma getting ready to engrave them. This is one of the reasons I use so many plaques. I also am working on a bolt plaque that I think everyone will appreciate and a few other projects that might possibly raise an eyebrow or two

Started designing a wood mizer fixture that will allow me to resaw lumber on my neighbors saw mill. I should start building the fixture tomorrow and hopefully it will be completed in a day or so, can't wait to test it out. I will post pictures of the rig when we use it the first time.

Last night Aaron and I engraved the first two SawMill Creek stainless steel coffee mugs. We need to make a couple of adjustments to the graphic before we can share the pictures with everyone.

The temperature this weekend approached 70 degrees here in Wisconsin. Last week it was below zero. No work was even attempted.

I did nothing but play with the kids this weekend (boys ages 2 and 5). We ran around outside and finished up Saturday by going to Chucky Cheese. Sunday we went to the park and flew kites, played on the swings and rode bikes. The evening meal was cooked on the BBQ. After dinner, we played with Hot Wheel cars and the Brio train set. Just before bed we watched Shrek on DVD.

I keep looking at the big pile of stuff I should have been working on around the house but I just can't stop smiling. Those little guys are too much fun.

-Kevin

That building that was there....

...aint. Lot's of clean up. I got in a little golf, too. I had two holes in one, but didn't want to post and upstage Ken!!
    Phil in Big D
    The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. Mark Twain

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains

Weekend doin's

After cutting dozens of mortise & tennons over the years, I cut my first angled tennons Saturday. They’re part of the cherry/birdseye-maple Heirloom Cradle that I’m making for my future Granddaughter. They took me a lot longer than it would’ve taken Norm…
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains

another pic

assembled - kinda
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney