Thread: JET AFS 1000 Filter questions

JET AFS 1000 Filter questions

OK, has anyone had problems with fitting standard 12x24 filters from a home center into the unit? Seems like the opening is not truly 12x24?????

Second, what is the best way to clean the inner filter, the manual said it could be washed but I worry about the metal frame corroding if I go that way?

Michael,

1 - I have not had a problem.

2 - I have not washed mine. I just reverse blow it.

Jim

I bought a 3M Filtrete 12 x 24 and it fit fine. Haven't done any cleaning of the inner filter but will probably just blow it out.

I have. Bought some from the Borg and they wouldn't fit. Slighty (about 1/8"-1/4" too wide) bigger.

I ended up buying an electrostatic washable filter from Amazon. Glad I did! I think it was under $30.

Cheers,
    Jack Briggs
    Briggs Guitars

Jack, how does the washable electrostatic model hold up to washing????? I'm always skeptical of that.

I just checked and I have an "Enviroflow" in mine. It came from one of the Big 2.

Jim

How often do you guys replace your outer filter? I still have the original and just vacuum it off when it gets dirty, which could be once a day if I'm doing a lot of work in the shop. I know the vacuum doesn't get everything but gets the great majority of it. The inner filter still seems pretty clean.

If I went with the Borg disposables, I'd have to buy them by the caseload. I could see going with a washable one.
    Mark Patoka
    Stafford, VA

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Merrill View Post
    Jack, how does the washable electrostatic model hold up to washing????? I'm always skeptical of that.

Michael,

After 6 months of use, I haven't washed it yet - I just blow it out with compressed air. So far has held up.

Cheers,
    Jack Briggs
    Briggs Guitars

I might get the electrostatic once I go through the remain normal filters I've got.

Jack, not sure of the relation with Briggs Guitars but I checked it out, very impressive looking from the online view. I'm a hack of a player but I think I can notice nice equipment. Good to see a small custom builder making it.

What Jim said above for me too!
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Michael, Dewey,

Thanks! Very small, as in "I'm Briggs Guitars!"

Cheers,
    Jack Briggs
    Briggs Guitars

I washed my inner filter and dry it in the dryer using a couple of magnets to hold it in place. The outer filter can be clean with compressed air.