Thread: Festool MFK 700 Plunge Base

Festool MFK 700 Plunge Base

I love my little trimmer for just about all my off table router work, but alas, it sucks for inlay work for you cannot see the bit. I could pick up a plunge base for my foredom, but what I really want is a plunge base for my MK700. Is there an after market one available out there, or does Festool plan to add this as a module sometime in the future?
    Jonathan

No and I don't think so, but it is a real nice trim router.
    John Lucas
    woodshopdemos

3. I bought into the MFK thinking that this would be a natural next offering from Festool.

I'd absolutely love to use the MFK for small plunge routing.

The plunge base (3 axis mill) made by Micro Fence will work with the MFK 700 according to the router reference table on the microfence web site. It is shown as a special (non-standard, i.e. extra cost) item.

I've seen the plunge base demonstrated by Richard with the Bosch Colt trim router. Certainly the nicest plunge base I've seen.

What is offered by MicroFence is only the edge guide, not the plunge base, but thanks!
    Jonathan

Post From Micro Fence

Unfortunatley Festool made their casting in a way that we can't grip it, so we do not fit the MFK 700 with our Plunge Base, but we do fit it with our Edge-Guide and Circle Jig. We do fit 10 other motors with our Plunge Base, as can be seen on our Reference Chart http://microfence.com/router-model-r...hart-i-19.html.

One point I would like to clarify is that on our reference chart where it reads "special" it means that the model is unique and does not fit many different routers such as our Model A.

It does NOT mean it's harder to get or has a higher price.

I hope this has answered some of your questions, and I invite you to email us with any of your questions or concerns. We are trying to get more active in the forums to help in any way we can.

Best regards,
    Jill Clifton
    Office Manager - Micro Fence
    Last edited by Rich Wedler; 06-03-2009 at 2:47 PM.