Thread: Unisaw blade height lock

Unisaw blade height lock

I am seeking help on a 2004 Unisaw. When locking the blade height, the blade continues to move up. I must hold the blade height adjustment wheel while locking or else it creeps up higher than the original setting. Is there an adjustment or piece I need to clean? I took the locking handle out and cleaned it; took the wheel off and did not see anything obvious.

Martin I have a unisaw vintage 1998. It does the same thing IF you try to really tighten down the lock. The solution: Just snug the lock up lightly, actually I don't even use my lock and have never had an issue with the blade moving.

Loren

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Whenever I’m concerned with the height setting, I have always held the wheel while tightening the lock. I just assumed that was how it was done.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Mine does it too, I just stopped cranking down on it. Can't say I've ever had it change during use, locked or not.

Another whose wheel moves. It was like that on my first Uni also.
    Have a Good One,
    Brent

SPCHT

You mean someone actually uses the lock
    Well I never use it, but looking at it it seems like it would naturally want to move with the knob while tightening. I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Like the others said, hold the wheel while tightening and your good.
    JeffD

Mine does it too. It didn't do it when new, but it does it now. I assumed it was from dust collecting somewhere. I haven't bothered to do anything about it yet -- just be careful to hold the wheel while tightening the lock. The blade will change height while cutting on occasion without the lock.

8. I just snug the lock on my Unisaw, I don't crank down on it, never noticed any height change.

I don't use the lock either and have never noticed any movement of the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Demetropoulos View Post
    I just snug the lock on my Unisaw, I don't crank down on it, never noticed any height change.
    I don't 'crank down on it' either. It doesn't take hardly any pressure. It turns the height wheel together with and the same amount that you turn the lock handle. You would definitely notice if yours was doing it. Mine was fine when it was new. Not a big deal, but annoying.