Since the first time I used this planer, it appears that wood chips have been getting trapped between the knives and the head causing the knife locking bars to bend upward. This causes a gouging effect from edge to edge as the knives bend with the locking bar. When using the planer I have it connected to a Delta cyclone vacuum which clears the chips from the discharge chute without any hangups so I don't think the problem originates from an inability to clear chips from the machine. I think the problem is at the cutter head where the knives make contact with the head as this is where they collect causing the locking bar to bend. Are there any after market parts that solve this? Is anyone else experiencing this? I had the Delta reps look at the machine and they pronounced it "Good to go, $70 please and thank you" but the problem persists. I have found Delta to have very poor customer service and have stopped purchasing their equipment even though I like what they make for the most part. I think customer service is important. I digress. Anyway, any and all solutions or suggestions you Creekers may have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John