Thread: Where to get short 6" flex hose for DC

Where to get short 6" flex hose for DC

I can find lots of sources for ten foot lengths of hose, but I only need one or two feet at the most. Does anyone know where to get just a little bit of this stuff?

I am running mostly solid ductwork, but I want to isolate my DC a little. I have about a two or three foot straight section before the first 30 degree bend. I figured I would put a small section of flex somewhere in this straight section to reduce the vibration/noise in the system. I am still debating whether or not to use it for that 30 degree bend, or put it right at the fan as a straight section.

I need to get some hose first though.

Phone a local HVAC company, trade one of the guys a coffee and doughnut for that piece of flex he's throwing in the dumpster....Rod.

Are you SURE you couldn't use a 7-8' piece of 6" flex somewhere else in your system?
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I bought a 5' piece from Oneida. Not cheap ($30), but didn't need more than that...

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Phone a local HVAC company, trade one of the guys a coffee and doughnut for that piece of flex he's throwing in the dumpster....Rod.
    Most HVAC companies only carry flex duct for positive pressure. My piece is for the negative pressure side. I don't want something That will collapse.

Chris - I am trying to avoid using flex at all, and besides, most of the system is 4" & 5" anyway.

Thanks Matt - I'll try Oneida. I just don't like waist...

S.E. Tennessee ... just a bit North of Chattanooga
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Warren View Post
    I can find lots of sources for ten foot lengths of hose, but I only need one or two feet at the most. Does anyone know where to get just a little bit of this stuff?

I am running mostly solid ductwork, but I want to isolate my DC a little. I have about a two or three foot straight section before the first 30 degree bend. I figured I would put a small section of flex somewhere in this straight section to reduce the vibration/noise in the system. I am still debating whether or not to use it for that 30 degree bend, or put it right at the fan as a straight section.

I need to get some hose first though.
    Where are you located ?? I got a short piece of heavy-duty stuff that came with my ClearVue that I doubt I'll ever use. Where ya' want it sent ??

Thanks Bob - I just sent you an email. I am outside Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Warren View Post
    Most HVAC companies only carry flex duct for positive pressure. My piece is for the negative pressure side. I don't want something That will collapse.

Chris - I am trying to avoid using flex at all, and besides, most of the system is 4" & 5" anyway.

Thanks Matt - I'll try Oneida. I just don't like waist...
    Hi Edward, I'm using the semi-rigid aluminum flex on my Oneida cyclone, no collapse yet after years of use.

Regards, Rod.