Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekend doin's?

Weekend doin's?

Good Friday Morning All,

I'm still alive and kicking! I haven't been home on a weekend in over a month and have been busy as a one-armed paper hanger. Summertime has definately arrived in Okieland as it is hot and humid. Will spend the mornings this weekend doing yard work and then I hope to crank up the AC in the shop and get it straightened back up so I can do a little woodworking. I think Saturday evening LOML and I are going to go to the Arena Football game here in town.

What's on your agenda this weekend?

Have a great weekend everyone,
    Bob

Hey Bob.....

Well, I need to spend the first couple hours or so getting the shop back into a respectable condition after the last project. Then I need to crank out a couple picture frames for a buddy.

Of course all this is dependent on the "honey do" list.

Saturday evening will be a fine cigar, steak on the grill and great company. We have the grandkids this weekend which is always a joy.

Brian

Keep your fingers crossed, we had a lady come look at the house last night who seemed very interested. I love my house, it's killing me to sell it!

Tomorrow morning I am going to a local vehicle auction to try to land a cheap bike for cruising campus, then back to work on the bathroom. Hopefully I can get the rest of the backerboard in and the joints taped so that I will be ready for tile.

Then Monday I drive up to Indiana to bring my girls back home. Woohoo!

To The Beach !!

Headed to the Beautiful Rhode Island Beaches today. Perfect weather of 80 degrees and no humidity. The rest of the weekend will be spent in the yard preparing for a new shed. Fireworks on Saturday night !! and some for shop time as well.

Have a great weekend !!
    Rich

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."
    - General George Patton Jr

Lightbulb Gloats

Well.....
    Put together and use my new Jet 6" jointer! (GLOAT)
    Spray and take care of the roses.
    Cut grass.

Take my niece and nephew to a rodeo on Saturday night.
    Gary
    Bluegrass - Finger Pickin Good!

In a word, I'll be doing electrical, insulation, drywall and trim work since the big, 150" wide bay window off the kitchen finally got replaced yesterday after a day's delay. I'll be posting a pictorial on that in the OT forum when I get the opportunity. Other than that, since yesterday was Dr SWMBO's 45th birthday, I'll be taking her and my dad out for a nice dinner on Saturday night. (Actually the second birthday dinner since I cooked a nice one last night for the occasion, including the "first" local corn of the season)

Have a great weekend!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Sat. I'm headed for the great NW. I'll be there for Sophies BBQ on the 17th. Steve
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

If all goes well, I'm going to dig all the footers for the new deck, just off the pool. The plans I've drawn up say it's going to be about a 350 sq. foot deck. Should be interesting. I've never actually built a deck before, so I'm just hoping to get past the first inspection! But, I've got my handy-dandy Stafford County Code Requirements book right here, so I should be good to go!

Keith

This afternoon, picking up a couple cabinet carcasses from the furniture strippers place that I applied the wrong color to. Ugg. This weekend, putting a finish back on them!

Woodworker's Club of Houston Meeting on Saturday (www.wwch.org). Saturday afternoon, a sales call. I'm working on a couple cherry blanket chests out of a client's load of cherry wood from her homestead, so I'll be spending a lot of time mixing up and applying epoxy to worm holes, splits and voids to give it integrity.

Sunday, church and relaxation. Maybe a little shop time too...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    In a word, I'll be doing electrical, insulation, drywall and trim work since the big, 150" wide bay window off the kitchen finally got replaced yesterday after a day's delay. I'll be posting a pictorial on that in the OT forum when I get the opportunity. Other than that, since yesterday was Dr SWMBO's 45th birthday, I'll be taking her and my dad out for a nice dinner on Saturday night. (Actually the second birthday dinner since I cooked a nice one last night for the occasion, including the "first" local corn of the season)

Have a great weekend!
    Jim,

First, it's dangerous to use numbers in conjunction with the word "birthday" when it applies to the other half of a heretofore peaceful relationship. Second, "45" seems like a GLOAT to some of us old timers!

Have a great weekend!

Bob
    Spinning is good on a lathe, not good in a Miata.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hovde
    First, it's dangerous to use numbers in conjunction with the word "birthday" when it applies to the other half of a heretofore peaceful relationship. Second, "45" seems like a GLOAT to some of us old timers!
    True, sometimes, but I got her by two years and she was just saying when she left for work that she was going to stop at the drug store and pick up some stronger reading glasses since she's now "older"... I, of course, replied that was preposterous and should could just borrow mine. I guess I'm cooking again tonight....

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Whitt
    Well.....
    Put together and use my new Jet 6" jointer! (GLOAT)
    Spray and take care of the roses.
    Cut grass.

Take my niece and nephew to a rodeo on Saturday night.
    It sounds like you would like my robot mower. All I have to do is put it in the yard, turn on the invisible fence and push start. It then zig zags across my yard for 2 hours while I sit back and injoy a beer. (gloat!)

But this weekend will be consumed with some finish painting and trimming the shrubs.

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Mages
    It sounds like you would like my robot mower. All I have to do is put it in the yard, turn on the invisible fence and push start. It then zig zags across my yard for 2 hours while I sit back and injoy a beer.
    LOL! Now, we have a RoomBa robotic floor sweeper (really keeps up with the stuff that our birds fling about as well as dust bunnies under the bed) but this is the first I've seen the idea go outdoors! Very kewel! Of course, it's not the same as tooling around a big, burly diesel tractor, argh, argh, argh... (And mine has a cup-holder...for non-alcoholic beverages, of course) But the idea of sitting back and watching the lawn being magically mowed is a nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    LOL! Now, we have a RoomBa robotic floor sweeper (really keeps up with the stuff that our birds fling about as well as dust bunnies under the bed) but this is the first I've seen the idea go outdoors! Very kewel! Of course, it's not the same as tooling around a big, burly diesel tractor, argh, argh, argh... (And mine has a cup-holder...for non-alcoholic beverages, of course) But the idea of sitting back and watching the lawn being magically mowed is a nice one!
    Its only $500, so it is comparable with most top quality mowers. It is battery powered, so there is no gas or oils to mess with and it is envronmentally friendly. It is very quiet, so I can mow the lawn at 9:30 at night. People see this thing zipping around my front yard and give it strange stares wondering what it is! Priceless! Granted, I do have to touch up some areas with the manual mode, but it sure beats mowing for 2 hours!

One project I am working on with it is a wireless camera attachment. It will beam its progress to my TV where I will watch it through picture-in-picture.

Dan
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

Exclamation

"Its only $500, so it is comparable with most top quality mowers. It is battery powered, so there is no gas or oils to mess with and it is envronmentally friendly. It is very quiet, so I can mow the lawn at 9:30 at night. People see this thing zipping around my front yard and give it strange stares wondering what it is! Priceless! Granted, I do have to touch up some areas with the manual mode, but it sure beats mowing for 2 hours!
    One project I am working on with it is a wireless camera attachment. It will beam its progress to my TV where I will watch it through picture-in-picture."

Technology.....
    Ya gotta luv it!
    Gary
    Bluegrass - Finger Pickin Good!