Thread: Epilog Rotary Attachment

1. Epilog Rotary Attachment

if anyone is interested in a Rotary Attachment for the Epilog laser, here is a link to one I just listed on eBay.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 01-10-2009 at 2:55 PM. Reason: link to ebay

Joe, have you given up on engraving flashlights?
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Hey, I'm bidding

Hey Joe, I'm bidding on that---don't be attracting a lot of new bidders---just kidding.
    Tom
    "My wife says I don't listen to her...or something like that..."

Tom, after the last three wine glasses that I shattered.....you can HAVE mine!!!! Don't worry.....the ROTARY works perfectly............
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clarkson View Post
    Tom, after the last three wine glasses that I shattered.....you can HAVE mine!!!! Don't worry.....the ROTARY works perfectly............
    How on earth have you managed to shatter a wine glass? I have never even had one show signs of cracking..... er... well done Steve ....????
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Hehe.....I've got a pretty powerful laser Frank!

I'm actually not sure what happened.....I think the glass (which was covered in soap and wet newspaper) slipped off the rotary.....so it stopped rotating.......thus the beam kept hitting the same spot until I managed to get ALL the way through. After picking out the shards of glass from my laser bed, I figured that I should use the pieces to start making stained glass windows.......

I have to admit that the system for holding the item on the Epilog rotary was definitely a design error. One good trick (especially if you have already allowed the soap to get near the wheels - might be a good time to do it while you are thinking about it), clean and dry each wheel. Get a fine wet and dry piece of sanding paper and give them a gentle rub over. I do that now as a matter of habit when I go to use the rotary, I have had a few slip in my time (not shattered THREE) and I also wash and rub down the bottle/glass. Seems to reduce the slippage to nil.

I have to admit, I too have shattered glasses!

Not by the laser power, but by setting up the rotary, putting in a glass then repower up the engraver only to to watch as the laser head moved into position and take out the glass. ( working too fast and didn't lower the table before putting in the glass. )

The Epilog rotary device is terrible (I'm assuming that's why it's on Ebay)
    This is pretty much the only problem I can fault Epilog with. You think that through the years by now they could come up with a better device.

entirely too inconsitent with much slippage.

Is there an after market device for Epilog available?

Marty
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements
    of distruction/distraction!

Just on the engraving side, there is a pretty good demo by a guy who films with one hand, no speech and annoying music but clear image

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WbPJ7e...eature=related

Do you want the link to the YouTube video showing me shattering a glass?????

Thanks for the tip about sanding the wheels.

11. Hi guys,

Just to clear things up, the rotary is on eBay because I'm selling my entire shop and house. It's time to relax and travel a little.

I have sold many engraved wine bottles and glasses with this unit. I've never had the pleasure of having the glass break. But then I only have a 25W Epilog.

Joe
    Last edited by Mike Null; 01-10-2009 at 2:56 PM. Reason: adv.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Nagel View Post
    Hi guys,

Just to clear things up, the rotary is on eBay because I'm selling my entire shop and house. It's time to relax and travel a little.

I have sold many engraved wine bottles and glasses with this unit. I've never had the pleasure of having the glass break. But then I only have a 25W Epilog.

Joe

Well good luck to you Joe in your new venture. I hope you get all you need for your relaxation. Does this mean your laser toy has gone too? Scary times.

Too far to lug it over to the UK I'm afraid.

Joe, is the rotary attachment still available? And where are you located?
    Bill Jermyn
    Waterloo Engraving
    Kitchener, ON
    Epilog Legend 32EX 75 Watt, Corel X3, Photograv, Wacom Intuos 3 6X8 graphics tablet

yeah the Epilog Rotary design has serious issues. Great in theory but not so great in the real world where stuff has play and wobble. When you find a glass design that works well in the rotary, make a note of it and buy more!