Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To Be or Knot To Be

Most impressive!
    Always drink upstream of the herd.

Just Fantastic! I would say that your glue up was indeed spot on!

Steve
    When all is said and done--more is usually said than done.

I have been asked if the design goes all the way around?? I only have the red pen left so hope this works.

John T.

Very cool, John!

All the best.

Don

Those are SWEET.

Great job.

Toney

Quote Originally Posted by John Terefenko View Post
    Yes I did make the blanks. They can be tricky but if you get things set up right and your glue up is spot on it is really not that hard.
    I think that setting things up right and getting the glue up spot on may be what makes it hard! LOL

John I have looked at these pens at least a half dozen times today and still can't find the right words to do them justice. I love them.

Steve

OK I have a question. Why is it when sometimes when a person replys to a post they are not in order?? There were a few replys made that were in the middle of yesterdays posts. Can't figure that one out.

If I missed anyone to thank them for the kind words I am sorry and I do appreciate it. Just got into this penturning stuff so I am just learning and there are so many ideas I want to try. Thanks again.
    John T.

Quote Originally Posted by John Terefenko View Post
    OK I have a question. Why is it when sometimes when a person replys to a post they are not in order?? There were a few replys made that were in the middle of yesterdays posts. Can't figure that one out.
    It all depends on which post the person responded to. Whenever you hit reply then your post is listed under that post.

Toney

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I see says the blind man to his deaf wife. Thanks for that explanation.
    John T.

Check the "Display Modes" up at the upper right corner, right under "Page 2 of 2". If it is set for "Linear Mode", it will display all posts chronologically.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Very nice work, I do not think I have ever seen that take on the celtic knot before.
    Mike Vickery

John, They are absoulutly beautiful!! Gets my Irish/Scotch blood cooking!!

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Had a second look.
    Absolutly stunning. One question though, did you interchange parts from each blank with the other as you assembled the knots? That's the only way I see you getting that effect.
    Always drink upstream of the herd.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Golka View Post
    Had a second look.
    Absolutly stunning. One question though, did you interchange parts from each blank with the other as you assembled the knots? That's the only way I see you getting that effect.

Yes Mike. That is the way to do it. You are making 2 pens at the same time and after each cut you interchange the two. Here are the blanks glued up.

Happy Turning.
    John T.