Thread: Shop progress.....WHEW!!!!

Shop progress.....WHEW!!!!

well guys and gals, i've finally made it back to the computer for a little bit (translation........ i'm able to sit down for 5 minutes) and i've got a pic of my shop progress. as you can see we're almost done with the vinyl and the roof is on. maybe, just maybe this week the garage door guys will be out and i cant start pulling wire and nailing boxes for plugs. i've been pretty delayed in my progress due to the fact that i've been on the framing crew for my parents house, which we started as soon as we were done with the framing here, and holding a full time J O B. i'm dead durn tired, but now i've got my regular days off again......(work 12hr shifts and have 4 days off.........woohoo), until it's time to start mom and dads trim and cabinets, BUT i've gotta wire my shop and pull everything over there to build the cabinets........... i'm confused. lol
    as far as mom and dads house, the electical, plumbing, hvac, roof and insulation are done. the brick layers are there now as well as the sheetrock guys.
    thanx for looking at the pic and i'm sorry i havent posted for those interested and i look foward to my daily reading on the creek to resume.
    cya later
    brad
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Country Toad Workshop Rogersville, Al

Hey Brad.....

Shop is really looking good there.!!!!! I hope things keep going your way.

BTW, you mentioned the J O B......To most of us, that means: Just Over Broke!!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Brad You're a good man and working hard!! The building looks OUTSTANDING!! That should be a GREAT shop. Take it easy. Enjoy your new toy shop. Jerry

Yea, what Jerry said, Outstanding! Although I'm not normally a fan of that roof style on small structures, it looks really good on a building that size. And will give you great space "up stairs"...you won't have to deal with 4' knee walls like I will when I finish the upper level of my building.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Looks good, Brad...do you have any intermidiate pics? You had some good ones going for a bit there and then you dropped off the face of earth or something?? You weren't working too hard or somthing, were you????
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Thumbs up

You have a nice shop Brad! Looks Awesome!!
    Looks like you will be enjoying it soon.
    Jim

Thumbs up

Nice shop Brad!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Question

Brad, do you plan on living there too or is it all shop?

Looks good.

Boyd

PS: Like your quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Hammond
    well guys and gals, i've finally made it back to the computer for a little bit (translation........ i'm able to sit down for 5 minutes) and i've got a pic of my shop progress. as you can see we're almost done with the vinyl and the roof is on. maybe, just maybe this week the garage door guys will be out and i cant start pulling wire and nailing boxes for plugs. i've been pretty delayed in my progress due to the fact that i've been on the framing crew for my parents house, which we started as soon as we were done with the framing here, and holding a full time J O B. i'm dead durn tired, but now i've got my regular days off again......(work 12hr shifts and have 4 days off.........woohoo), until it's time to start mom and dads trim and cabinets, BUT i've gotta wire my shop and pull everything over there to build the cabinets........... i'm confused. lol
    as far as mom and dads house, the electical, plumbing, hvac, roof and insulation are done. the brick layers are there now as well as the sheetrock guys.
    thanx for looking at the pic and i'm sorry i havent posted for those interested and i look foward to my daily reading on the creek to resume.
    cya later
    brad
    Last edited by Boyd Gathwright; 07-10-2004 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Remove embedded characters and resize font.
    Every man’s work is always a portrait of himself.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    You sound like a busy guy! The shop is loking great!!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Brad,

We missed you and I see you weren't just goofing off .Very nice.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Question

The building looks really good. II like the way that the lines of the bigger portion are repeated in the smaller portion.

Is it really all going to be workshop? If so, is it really all going to be a workshop for one person?

Hellow Brad,

You will enjoy to storage above. This is the way I build my shop and am darned glad I didn't listen to the wife about the extra expense. Hope you allowed for plenty of ventilation above.
    Garry