Thread: Need advice on building a plaque

Need advice on building a plaque

I am a retired PO. I have three night sticks that are about 1 1/2 in diameter and 18" long. They are each different and represent different ranks. Two have tassels hanging from them. The one without the tassel has some "beauty marks" on it after having been around the block & a few noggins during 36 years of use.

I have been retired five years and my billy clubs have been sitting in the corner. They deserve better.

Try as I might, I can't come up with an idea of how to mount them on a plaque so that they don't look like three sticks plastered on the wall. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA, Joe

Joe,
    Maybe a shield shaped plaque , or a plaque incorporating a shield with brass hooks that you can lay the night sticks on. Similar to a gun rack. The type of wood and how it's finished can make a world of difference on backing up your "wood".

Joe,
    You may also want to move this post to the Design Forum. You should get lots of ideas there.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Fiore View Post
    Joe,
    You may also want to move this post to the Design Forum. You should get lots of ideas there.

OK, how do I move it? Just post the same question there?

Thanks, Joe

Blog Entries
    I have not had too much luck with the Design forum.

I am not sure how the sticks are shaped, do they have a wider handle that would allow for them to hang vertical in a slot so they could be taken out to pass around for show and tell?

Maybe if you could take a picture of them.

Is there a service award to be incorporated with the display?

Would the shape of your shield be appropriate?

jim

Jim, I wore a five pointed star so there isn't much mass for a background. The sticks have an offset about 25% down from the top. If I were to hand them by the offset, you wouldn't see the tassels on the two..

I guess that I should photograph them so that you would get a better idea. I will get that later today.

Joe