Thread: Router cutting BB plywood

Router cutting BB plywood

Hey guys,
    I am still planning to build a side board which has now been evolving into a low chest of drawers for my daughter...again more design changes...
    I will be using 3/8 BB for the drawer boxes...we are up to 10 drawers...I have figured out a cutting pattern for the 60X60 in BB, but would like to cut it up with the least amount of veneer tear out. I have a 7 1/4 in "skill" saw and 2 1/4hp router. I have seen 80 to 150 teeth "plywood saw blades" (steel) and I do have a shooting guide for the saw.

Question is has any had any experience in one of thos multi-tooth saw blades??? and/or using my router and the shooting board with a good straight bit (1/8 in) give me any better surfaces to assemble the drawer boxes, They will have a 3/4 in front of birch ply and edged banded, then very darkly dyed (her idea, not mine)...I'm just the Dad...

Thanks in advance...Richard,

The Little Tennessee River near Knoxville.

Do you have a Table Saw?

Baltic Birch Ply is pretty good stuff. I cut it on my TS with a combo blade and there is very littly tear out. My router and small round-over bit will easily clean it up.
    Retired, living and cruising full-time on my boat.
    Currently on the Little Tennessee River near Knoxville

You called it a shooting guide, but I think your talking a sawboard, correct? If so, you may want to look at the Eurekazone postings, as a homemade sawboard, will have antichip on one side. So keep your good piece under the sawboard, and use a Diablo 40 tooth carbide blade, as it will cut better then the old steel "plywood" blades.