Thread: Maple Dresser and Changing table

Maple Dresser and Changing table

I finished the hard maple dresser I have been working on for the past few months for my daughter. She was due 2/28, but came early on 2/15/09 (stealth gloat). I almost had the dresser done before she arrived.

The dresser is 52" wide, 36" high, and 22" deep. The changing table top is removable once she out grows the need for it. The 5/4 dresser top is under the changing table.

The primary wood is Hard Maple with poplar as a secondary wood. The drawers are all 3/4" poplar and are dovetailed front and back with half blind dovetails made on my Leigh D4r. All of the drawer fronts are from two wide maple boards and are cut so the grain flows accross each row of drawers.

The dust frames were all assembled with dominoes, the sides and carcass are traditional M+T. The finish is 4 coats of Waterlox. The drawer pulls are stainless steel.

DSC00136.JPG

DSC00465.JPG

DSC00540.JPG

DSC00543.JPG

DSC00546.JPG

A reputation for craftsmanship is a responsibility
    to never take lightly.

Congratulations Jeff! I'm sure this is being put to good use. Nice looking dresser. I like that it combines 2 different styles - Arts and Crafts as well as a Shaker-esque front. Good job.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

I half way agree with Brian but would use the term "Tansu-esque" either way nice work!
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Congrats! What a blessing. The project turned out very nice and I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of it. If it was me, I might have worked out some kind of deal like, "I'll build the the changing table if you do the changing." Seems fair, right? Seriously, good job!

Nicely done.. I like the design.. side panels and tight DT's..

Sarge..

Jeff, nice dresser but you know the rules. Any gloat (even stealth gloats) are not gloats without pictures. Congrats

Very nice work, Jeff!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Very nice!!