Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boy am I in trouble with SWMBO, and I'm sure all of you

Time to chime in...SWMBO, was upset...not as upset as Brian however! He realizes that we may never get Grandma into the garage again. He is the one kicking himself, and rightly so. As for the dog house...well, I'll bet he doesn't forget my camera next time!

Tamara...I can understand since I'm married to a Camera Queen myself. I tease her about it...but sometimes things come along and if you have a camera you can record it....if you dont'...
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

As long as the pen is in existence ...

YOU STILL OWE US PICS!!!!
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

Didn't anyone have a cell phone with a built in camera?
    Vortex! What Vortex?

Sooo, what kind of a camera is she getting?

Raised in the US (elementary in Lawrence, graduated in Boulder). Now in Israel.
    Such a simple solution for klik experts: either stand Grandma next to a half rounded blank in a staged photo next time she's around (Weston is turning in his grave now contemplating "the decisive moment") or ... better sit down for this one ... photomontage! You can do it! You could always say its a real situation spread over time zones. Not a complete fabrication.
    Norm
    Last edited by Norm Zax; 03-01-2009 at 6:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Douglass View Post
    Sooo, what kind of a camera is she getting?
    Oh sure Paul.....Tamara makes her entrance on the thread and boy do you change sides quick!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Oh sure Paul.....Tamara makes her entrance on the thread and boy do you change sides quick!
    He is a smart man Ken! My only problem now is which lens I want with that new camera!

I know this may be blasphemy to a professional photographer, but what about getting a nice little (cheap) point-and-shoot for the house. I got a Canon A590 around Thanksgiving, and I love it. I feel the photos that come from it are great, and the battery life is far, far better than my 10d. The best thing was it only cost me $110 with free shipping from Amazon. Just something to think about.
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Brian, sadly the camera at home was a point and shoot...it had the dead battery. And no it is not blasphemy for a pro to own one...we like time off too. However, I really want a nice camera(slr) at the house, I am tired of the point and shoot delay. You know what I am talking about, the delay that happens when you push the button until when it fires. Point and shoots are bad for taking a "coffee break" between those two actions. Besides, I am used to getting what I want immediately...including an image. Don't you just feel sorry for the LOML!

By the way, he made up for part of his mistake today...he bought me a Crown 3/8 detail gouge!!!! Maybe the camera can wait a day or two!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Brown View Post
    Besides, I am used to getting what I want immediately...including an image. Don't you just feel sorry for the LOML!
    So I take it that your work cameras are dslr's. Nothing like instant gratification. Could you imagine shooting film - take the picture, and then several more to finish the roll, then go to the darkroom, develop the film, take it into another room and print it, then develop the print, and then go back and print it again to remove the color cast. That is like, so 15 years ago!

By the way, he made up for part of his mistake today...he bought me a Crown 3/8 detail gouge!!!! Maybe the camera can wait a day or two!
    Oh don't be so nice, have him get it today.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Effinger View Post
    Could you imagine shooting film - take the picture, and then several more to finish the roll, then go to the darkroom, develop the film, take it into another room and print it, then develop the print, and then go back and print it again to remove the color cast. That is like, so 15 years ago!
    I remember those days! I 'm not that young! I cut my teeth on film and the darkroom. Sometimes I miss the mystery of those days, but not enough to give up digital. I guess, like the rest of the world, I have joined the NOW generation!

I remember those days! I 'm not that young! I cut my teeth on film and the darkroom. Sometimes I miss the mystery of those days, but not enough to give up digital. I guess, like the rest of the world, I have joined the NOW generation!
    I too worked on film in my youth. B&W developing and printing in highschool, and color in college. Although I like digital, and have been digital since 2002, I still miss the "old" days. I really enjoyed the printing aspect of things.

Brian

Yes siree, I thin digital cameras are one of the greatest item to come out since ..... I don't know, I love them.

Change sides... I was trying to save my life!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Douglass View Post
    Change sides... I was trying to save my life!
    Paul, you are safe...I only torture Brian...I get more out of it that way!