Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Air-lift assembly table (GLOAT!)

Air-lift assembly table (GLOAT!)

Hi guys!

Thought I'd share a couple pics of my new baby.

I'm so excited. It's always been a thorn in my side to have to work at the same elevation for every project. I've seen so many inventive and inspirational ideas on this site...I thought it would be appropriate to share my own. Maybe someone else will take this idea, and improve and expand upon it!

I'm very fortunate to have a friend that owns a metal fabrication shop. He jumped at the chance to try something new.

BTW, if anyone in the IL area falls in love with this, he did say he would be willing to build a few more...PM me for further info.

The beast weighs about 500 lbs and uses a 12 ton air-asist hydraulic jack. From there, it is a basic (and overbuilt) scissor lift. We put over a half ton on the table and lifted it with 90 lbs of air pressure. The top is a torsion box - David Marks 1/2 inch MDF design.

Lowest work height is 14 inches and highest is 50 inches.

Thanks for looking!

Ryan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice

SSwwwweeeeeeetttt
    William
    http://woodworkers.us
    I never lost money on a job I didn't get

how much did it cost? that would make a great outfeed table as well if you had to cut lots of cabinet parts on a daily basis.

Ryan, My only emotion is envy. I looked at these for years and couldn't justify the cost for me to own one. I thought the lift would be great to stack sheet goods in front of the table saw and EASILY fed them for cutting. Good gloat. keith
    If mama ain't happy............you know the rest!

That be COOL!!! Looks like your friend did a great job. Put a sticker on it and it could have come off the shelf! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Thats not the type of thing I could build out of scrap metal and wood in my shop. Heck! I doubt I could build that with any amount of material in any shop.
    Nice job.

I love it. I've thought of doing something like that.

What are the table demensions? How smoothly does it go up and down?

wow very nice wish i had room for one

Man, that shop is way too clean. BTW nice lift
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

Quote Originally Posted by David Christopher View Post
    Man, that shop is way too clean. BTW nice lift
    +1

BTW you suck!

Thanks for all the compliments. I'll be sure to pass them along to the fabricator.

My buddy said retail for the lift table would be about $800. He made me promise not to mention what my "friend discount" was! I know it's a lot of cash, but it's the last assembly table I'll ever need.

I think it's fun that each person who sees it thinks immediately of something they'd use it for.

The table is 42" x 96".

Cool lift..... and that's not a shop, it's a CLEAN ROOM!

That's pretty darn slick!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Looks like an ATV lift to me? Handy as he)( for sure

Mark