Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Air-lift assembly table (GLOAT!)

OK, OK, OK.

The next pictures I post of my shop will have some dust somewhere....

Awesome!!

Way cool assemble table, you suck.

Wheres the mobile base?
    As for locking at the desired height, you could pre drill holes through the top horizontal rail where the scissor mechanism slides and stick a pin through. Then you just pump up past your pin, slide in pin, then release pressure so weight is always on pins (one on right and left side) That way you would never be relying on pressure to hold you up, it would always be a guaranteed mechanical support with failure not being an option. We had this type of pin lock on aviation maintenance platforms that held people, I've done work on these type scissor lifts (biggier scale than your assemble table) and have personaly seen hydrolic systems fail without notice and the whole platform come crashing down. SCARY! SCARY! STUFF!
    Last edited by Aaron Berk; 03-02-2009 at 11:00 AM.

Scissor Lift Tables

Rand has units in the $300-600 range that support 400-1500 lbs. Range of sizes. They don't look anywhere near as strong as this one, though.

http://www.randmh.com/mobile-scissor...6/real-steals/

Just as a tip for anyone following the link Terry posted...

That exact table can be purchased at Farm & Fleet for around $150. I actually have that table and it works well for moving stock around the shop and assembling small projects.

Nice Table Ryan.

I've been planning on building something similar when I get some time. How sturdy is the table (ie. how much does it rock when pushed) when it is at the upper end of its travel?

I would definitely incorporate some kind of safety feature for a hydraulic blowout. The thought of that table falling down and taking off your kneecaps on the way gives me the creeps.