Thread: The EZ Forum is missing

The EZ Forum is missing

I was really enjoying reading the forum. It is missing this morning. Any clue to what happened?

Onieda also gone

I noticed around 2 months ago that the Onieda forum was also gone?? Didn't there used to be about 7 or 8 entries in the manufacturers forum. Looks like it's down to 2 now.

They chose to NOT continue their membership here. Advertising dollars are drying up everywhere and the Creek is suffering a bit due to it.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Apologies - I'm unclear.
    Did Eurekazone decide not to have the EZ forum here anymore, or did SMC?
    thanks
    -Jim

If I understand the companies can buy a membership fee for which they get a forum for their product. Seems as if the economy has taken it's toll here as well according to Chris

As we didn't receive any payment for the EZ Forum it was removed this morning.
    The free side of The Creek is supported by advertising.

There is another EZ forum called, "The Eurekazone Focus Group". I don't think we are allowed to post links to other forums on SMC so contact me via PM and I'll steer you in the right direction.

Bruce

For clarity, did Eurekazone state they would no longer be paying the fee, or have they just not paid it yet this month/term?

Howard, there is a more complete discussion on this available to SMC Contributors in the private Lumber Yard forum. In a nutshell, businesses with manufacturer's forums that chose not to pay their bill lost their space. Those resources are considered advertising.

General SMC discussion of EZ products can continue here in the General Woodworking and Power Tools forum just like other tools.

Jim
    SMC Moderator
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 03-02-2009 at 10:09 PM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Most of the long-time Manufacturer Forums had 1 year+ of free ad space (I think more like 14-15 months) and had been informed of the changes many, many months in advance. They simply chose not to continue.

As Jim said, there is a great deal more discussion on it in the Lumber Yard forum but you need to be a Contributor to check it out.

Times are tough all around.... :/
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 03-03-2009 at 3:43 PM.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.