Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on Making a new router table?

A related question is how would one make the MDF router top slippery?

Could I try burnishing the top, using wax, or is there a recommended type of paint or sealant I could use on the entire MDF top?

Quote Originally Posted by keith ouellette View Post
    Thats probably the best idea I've heard. I am very sorry that i am to poor to use it. I didn't actually check on a price but just looking at the web site I know I can't afford it. I wish I wasn't poor but I am. I had to find a few palm trees to trim just to get a little extra money for the materials on what I'm building.

OK Rod. I did what you advised for the search and one of the first things I saw was this...

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...+table+sagging

Its beautiful but Now I'm certain I can't afford it. I sure do want it though.
    Thanks Keith, you may be able to get a less expensive option such as a cast iron wing for your saw from your saw manufacturer or Grizzly or GI etc.

One enterprising individual mentioned purchasing a cast iron wing from a scrap saw for very little money...

Regards, Rod.

My router table is 36 x 24 inches made from 2 pieces 3/4 MDF laminated together. This is attached to a 3/4 ply box 30 x 20. I boxed in the area for the motor and added a vac port out the back of the box. I used wipe on poly to seal the MDF after the glue dried. I added a miter slot, and T track for the fence. This is 2 years old and still as flat as the first day.

I used carnuba wax to make the table slippery.