View Poll Results: How much of your house is painted white?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 rooms

48 47.06%
  • 1 room

13 12.75%
  • 2 rooms

12 11.76%
  • 3 rooms

3 2.94%
  • 4 rooms

0 0%
  • 5 rooms or more

26 25.49%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many rooms in your house are painted white?

How many rooms in your house are painted white?

I have spent the majority of the past month stripping wall paper, prepping walls, priming, and painting the majority of our house. I want to keep a good portion of the house white to reduce work and keep it simple. However, SWMBO feels that white walls with white trim is "institutional" and "boring". So far, I have painted the master bedroom a dark greyish blue, the office a dark olive green, the upstairs hallway burnt orange, the front room & dining room beige, and the front hallway beige below the chair rail and white above it. The guest room, hall bath, closets, and lower level hallway have been kept white... so far. With Sherwin Williams Duration paint at $40 a gallon, it adds up quickly, especially when she does not like the colour she... er we picked.

So... in your house, how much of it is painted white, vs a colour?

Dan
    Last edited by Dan Mages; 03-03-2009 at 10:28 AM.
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

I'd like to introduce some color, but SWMBO in my house prefers the neutrality of white, and in her defense, we have so much of our walls covered with framed paintings and prints and photographs that maybe the white works better than a color.
    --Steve--
    Support The Creek - click here

there is not a single room in our entire house (garage excluded) that has white, or anything even close. With the exception of the bathrooms and the office, I am pretty sure every room actually has two colors
    fledgling weekend warrior

We have no white at all, in ours. When we moved in here the master was navy blue! Also, had to remove wallpaper in nearly every room. Our walls are now light colors, the closest to white is beige.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Every room in the house is white on the walls ceiling and trim.

If off white counts, about 1/3 of our house is off white. Our family room, dining room, kitchen, and hall all have walls that run together. There's no corners to stop a color at to make one room one color and another a different color. But every other room is a color.

i'm steadily eliminating white. reproducing the trim to be stained rather than painted, etc.

ceilings will still be an offwhite probably, but that's it.

You needed a 75% button.

We're introducing more color into the vacation house we bought last year. Our primary residence is mostly offwhite. The addition is all colored rooms.

just the ceilings in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Russell View Post
    You needed a 75% button.

We're introducing more color into the vacation house we bought last year. Our primary residence is mostly offwhite. The addition is all colored rooms.
    Yeah. I noticed that afterwards. I cannot edit it though... Will one of the moderators please help?

Thanks,

Dan
    A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

Ceilings, trim, built-ins, panelling below the chair rail in the dining room, and garage.

Does the garage count? That is the only room in my house white...we've painted everything else. I hate white...'cept in the shop.

I adjusted your poll...is that okay?
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

My basement shop is white... kind of white... is sawdust white a color?

Everything white feels like all the rental apartments I lived in before I bought my house. When we bought our first home, one of the first things we did was played with color because it was OURS to do so
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

beamerweb.com

At our previous house, everything, and I mean everything was Behr Pure White. At this house, all but one room was beige, and it was PINK (pink carpet, pink walls, pink crown moulding....). Kitchen walls are a mostly blue wall paper, and the Family Room (both are actually one big room) has flat paneling. Both will eventually go away. My wife's studio and the former "Pink Room" are now faux painted, and the glazing makes it look faintly yellow. I/2 bath attached to studio is beige with one wall "papered" with old sheet music. (LOML is a piano teacher.) The guest bedroom is khaki on 2 walls, and burgandy on 2 walls. It was our first non white paint we have ever done, and I actually like it. The entry was done with the Venitian Plaster that while smooth, has the appearance of texture because of the variation of color. Neat look, but very labor intensive. Might be ok for a bathroom wall, but not for a bedroom or larger unless you have a lot of time on your hands!! The master bedroom/bath will eventually get some green, probably hunter green, and probably only 2 walls. May go back to the khaki for the other 2 walls again. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.