Thread: Penn state DC not shipped?

Penn state DC not shipped?

After reading some good things about Penn state ind. I called to find out about a dust collector. I mentioned I was actually looking for a scratch and dent I could get the motor, fan and blower off of. I was informed they had a 1 1/2 and gave me a far price and good shipping rate so i purchased it. I was told it would be shipped in 24 hours.

That was last monday morning.

Today I called and it has still not been shipped yet. I was told someone would have to get back to me about when it would be shipped. No one called back.

Am I expecting to much that it should have been shipped by now? It is something they have there and not on back order.

If Harbor freight has their 2hp DC in stock I was thinking of canceling my Penn state order and getting the HF Dc on sale at $179.

Am I to impatient? They were the ones that told me it would ship within 24 hours and it only has to go ups because it is just a motor and fan.

What do you think?

a couple years ago I had two shipments that took a couple weeks that was the last time I ordered from them.

Larry

Blog Entries
    My experience with them has been slow except for a replacement hood that was damaged in shipping. It showed up in a few days(?). They seem to be very laid back but have never failed to deliver.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

My guess is that if it is a scratch and dent sale, they have to make a carton for it. This can be a PITA and maybe it got shoved aside until someone tells the shipping guy, "hey get that thing shipped out."

my experience

I have nothing but good things to say about my business with PSI. If it's back ordered it's free shipping. Hang in there. They are responsible for my pen turning virus. Harry

Agree with Harry.
    I've ordered from them 5 times. The big DC actually was here within 7 days (business) which impressed me to no end. Other things not as fast but no slower than any other place I deal with.

While I will say, and have here many times, the HF is a nice sucker for the money but if I have the choice between the 2 I'll wait another few weeks and still say I made the right call.
    Waiting on tools makes us all seem like kids waiting in line at the candy store I hate to admit. We want them now

Keith, playing the waiting game IS a PITA! But, if you got a really REALLY good deal on the blower, wait it out! Otherwise....Cancel!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Lindley View Post
    Keith, playing the waiting game IS a PITA! But, if you got a really REALLY good deal on the blower, wait it out! Otherwise....Cancel!
    It seems like a pretty good deal but I'm still waiting. On friday i was told to call monday. On monday i was told they would call me back. Its now late on wednesday and I'm still waiting. I've got two other options coming up very soon and if it hasn't shipped by then its over.

I like giving the smaller business a break but this thing is at their warehouse and there is really no reason it hasn't shipped.

You ordered last Monday if I am reading this right, so that's 7 or now just tweaking 8 days ago, correct? Let's rule out Monday - it was day 1 and needs to get into system. Today is day 8, still early in the day and maybe could ship yet?
    I know you want and need it and I'd be getting antsy too. At the same time I don't find this really to far different than the lot of places I order all kinds of stuff from. Doesn't mean I like it - but when it's about saving costs via 'net buying vs using retail store and those costs it seems to be the way it goes. Pay more ya get more --- or faster anyway.

Good luck and if it's to much just cancel and move on

btw - if they didn't call you back it may be because it has shipped? Communication between departments today seems to be non-existent. Why not pop in the call right now and if not shipped say it goes out immediately and you want them to pay difference in expedited shipping cost vs what you had paid. Or cancel you will be doing unless the deal is really good. My guess is they'll do it. Let us know
    Last edited by Joel Earl; 03-05-2009 at 9:32 AM.

I had to send PSI 2-3 emails before I finally got a response to some missing parts in my overhead TS guard/DC. Just keep bugging them....
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Like others, I've had good and bad experiences with PSI. Quality of product and time to receive have varied wildly recently. When I've had problems, they've taken care of me.

As for slow shipping... I've been on both ends of the spectrum.

Typically, if I order on a Monday, it doesn't ship until Wednesday and if it goes out UPS, I don't get it until the following Monday. I've recently started requesting shipping through USPS, which I usually get on Saturday (5 days after placing the order).

But... My most recent order... Their 2HP canister DC was purchased on 2/20, shipped on 2/23 and delivered on 2/25. I couldn't beleive it!

Paul
    Paul Fitzgerald
    Mid-South Woodworker

What the latest word ....

So how's it working out Keith? Any updated news?

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Earl View Post
    So how's it working out Keith? Any updated news?
    They never bothered to call me. It does seem to have shipped some time late on the 3rd according to their tracking site. I was just going to call and cancel when I found out because I found a 3hp with a leeson motor I could get for $250.

It is due to arrive tomorrow. I post a picture when I get it. The shipping weight is 106 pounds. That seems kinda heavy for a motor and a fan shroud. Those are the only two things that should be coming.

It does seem heavy -they have my whole DC, the 2 hp DC2000B, listed as 101#

Hey - maybe they sending you a whole setup and messed up somehow! That'd be wild

Yep - pics be good.

Quote Originally Posted by keith ouellette View Post
    The shipping weight is 106 pounds. That seems kinda heavy for a motor and a fan shroud.
    Probably includes 50# of dust.