Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G0691 Assembled

G0691 Assembled

So UPS Freight called me on Tuesday to schedule my delivery, and they were supposed to bring the saw to me Thursday afternoon since I was off of work. So imagine my surprise when I pull up to my house Wednesday night, and see my saw sitting in my driveway. No one home and no one signed for it. I later found out it had been there since 1pm and I got home at 7pm. Thank goodness it didn't rain, and it didn't walk off. There wasn't any damage to any of the boxes either, so I took pics and started assembly.

It was boxed up pretty well, and considering the last couple things I've gotten from Grizzly were damaged in shipping, I was very happy. Assembly was pretty straightforward, and I did it by myself. I did have to build a "temporary" mobile base to move the cabinet around, but it wasn't too bad considering the weight. The riving knife was bent enough to interfere with the cut, so I bent it back, and am having Grizzly ship me another. The only adjustment I had to make was the fence, as it off of parallel by about 1/8" front to back. I've only made a few cuts so far, but it is sweet. Cut through hard maple like butter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Jeremy.
    Nice saw!!
    Id be a bit pissed off if I showed up at 7 and my saw had been there since 1.
    The last thing anyone needs is an advertisement that you have expensive tools at your place.
    Glad all came out well.
    Wishes-
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor

Good news! You best be glad I don't live near...might not have been there!!
    Good to hear another positive post about this saw.
    By the way, what mobile base are you going to use on it? Will you build in capability to hold the tool cabinet as well?
    Congrats and enjoy it! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Not sure how I'm going to do the base yet. I want the cabinet there, but an extension bar that feeds to the table legs will get in the way. Gotta do some brainstorming....

Jeremy, nice gloat..and a good looking saw...is that the blade that came with the saw ????
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

If I took that blade off, then you would see the blade that came with the saw!

Congrats on the new saw.

Give us an update after you have used it for a while.

MK

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    With a shinney new WoodworkerII, too!
    Congrats
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Sahweet.... getting a good deal on used WW stuff is nice but there is just something about getting a brandy spankin new machine . Happy cutting.
    I know it was here a minute ago ???

Thats a nice gloat and glad to hear everything arrived in good shape. I too would be concerned about the way your saw was delivered. I'm about to pull the trigger on a grizzly saw too and would not want delivery done like this.

Regards!
    Ed

I notified Grizzly and they weren't too thrilled. I got a email and a phone call apologizing for UPS just dropping off the saw, and they said they would be looking into it.

OK, Jeremy...you've had almost 2 full weekends to play with said saw. What are your on going impressions? Find any quirks yet. Anything better/worse than you expected? Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

First off, I'm not very hard to please when it comes to a new tool, and so far I haven't found anything to complain about. I had a Ridgid TS3650 preivously, and this Grizzly will eat it alive. Fence is great and easy to adjust, the table is nice and flat across the wings, I really like the extra space the extension table provides (as I use it more for assembly than ripping). Runout was .001, fence was slightly out of parallel, but easily adjusted. I guess my complaint so far is that the fence measuring tape has already began to come up in some spots towards the extenstion table, so I may look into getting a new one of those. I would definately recommend it to anyone looking for a new cabinet saw.

Congrats on your new saw. I'm anxious to hear more about how you like using it. This is the saw I am looking to buy.
    We have but one chance at every moment that passes by.

Thanks Jeremy. Glad you are enjoying the saw! Seems that there are several upgrading from Ridgids to this saw. I think I will eventually become another one. Jim.