Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: A Mid-Atlantic Spring Get-Together?

For those of you that can't make it. Feel free to check in from time to time @
    http://cam.classicmarineco.com/webcam.html

It updates about every 5-10 sec.

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SKYPE# : CLASSICMARINE1

Blog Entries
    A huge thanks goes out to Angus and the missus for not only the gracious use of their house/workshop, but also for the yummy eats (I missed breakfast ) and great company. Hopefully everyone had a fun and educational time, and I'm glad I got the chance to put some faces to names.

Should we start planning our Mid-Atlantic Spring Get-Together 2010? Or maybe Mid-Atlantic Fall Get-Together 2009?

On a bad side note... I finally figured out what the knocking noise was from my rear suspension. It was one of my rear brakes seizing up... again I drove nearly 170 miles without braking. And then I took a wrong turn and ended up headed into downtown DC Lots of braking
    Last edited by Dan Hintz; 05-09-2009 at 9:01 PM.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Jackie and I also would like to thank The Hines for their hospitality hosting the Mid Atlantic Spring Get Together. It was a great gathering, lots of nice folks who had a lot of information to share.

Presentations by Bill Young, Dan Hintz, Scott "Steve" Shepherd, Nancy Barry and Aaron Koehl were enjoyable and informative. Special thanks to Steve for bringing his vinyl cutter and sharing his sign making skills and information.

Below is a rare, these days, picture of our System Administrator Aaron Koehl giving his presentation on his Corel Draw Braille script and the new Keyhole utility.

Dan, the Fall 2009 Mid Atlantic Get-Together will be at my shop in Gloucester County the third week of October. Jackie and I are already working on the schedule of events, demonstrations and speakers list. Volunteers are welcome, if you would like to participate please contact me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 05-10-2009 at 1:56 AM.

Just wanted to Thank everyone for coming out and making the long drives down from points everywhere.

Looking forward to October and next Spring already.

Here's a few more shots.

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ok pictures

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

and More Pictures

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

adding our gratitude

John & I want to thank everyone for their hospitality and for the incredible sharing of information that took place. I learned some new things to do with the laser and got lots of food for thought for other things that we may be able to do to expand our business. The food was incredible . I really liked the smoked ham and good eastern style pork bbq was tops ...

We look forward to seeing everyone again.
    nancy and john barry
    Xenetech xlt1325,
    Corel 13,
    Rayzist 2034 blastcabinet

Blog Entries
    Before I forget (again)... Angus, where can we send donations for the food fund? I don't know who paid, but I expected we'd all go out to eat, so never thought about putting together a fund beforehand.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

No need for donations Dan. You donated you time and knowledge. Consider it a Thank you for your presentation

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks so much to Angus and his family for allowing us into his home. I personally appreciate all the effort that went into it from his family. Nice to see everyone, great to see some old friends and make some new ones.

Some great information passed on by many people. Just remember, what happened at Angus' stays at Angus'

I too feel like I owe you something Angus. We'll catch up here or there or somewhere in between for some good food soon.

Thanks for all you guys did! Pet Frank for me What is Frank (other than big)?
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Frank is a Great Pyrenees.

Also, on a side note the DogHouse is done. as soon as I get permission to post pic there will be a thread in the CNC forum with pix and details

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    Thanks so much to Angus and his family for allowing us into his home. I personally appreciate all the effort that went into it from his family. Nice to see everyone, great to see some old friends and make some new ones.

Some great information passed on by many people. Just remember, what happened at Angus' stays at Angus'

I too feel like I owe you something Angus. We'll catch up here or there or somewhere in between for some good food soon.

Thanks for all you guys did! Pet Frank for me What is Frank (other than big)?

Support the Creek Please
    DONATE ! .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I also want to add my thanks to Angus and his family for the wonderful spread and warm hospitality! I certainly enjoyed meeting all and thanks to those that gave presentations, they were all very informative.

Mark Fitzmorris

Thumbs up Thanks!

Sorry its taken me so long to get in here and add my thanks to Angus and his wife for opening up their home/shop, and thanks to everyone who gave demonstrations and talks and to everyone who just was there, I talked to so many people and got a lot of good ideas.

Some of them I've already put into use, some worked, some havn't. I have to say I made a jig for the plate and ended up using all laser foil on it again and it came out sooo nice looking. Paint did engrave better but does not look as sharp as the foils do.

I look forward to October and hopefully I will have something more to show when I come. You never know with my job.
    Gerber Composer, Omega, & Edge
    Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
    --------------------------------
    Previously: Epilog Legend EXT 75W