Thread: work bench revisited

work bench revisited

I posted previously about a work bench availabler at Costco. Most thought it was a decent buy, and I planned on getting it after we close on the new house.

I was at the woodworking show in Edison, NJ last week and saw the Noden Adjustable Table. Boy, was I impressed. The bench top looked like furniture grade, and the adjustable height was a big seller.

They are built about 15 minutes from where my new house will be, so I won't have to pay shipping, but the price is still high. The base is available and I can add my own top which cuts the price down.

The adjustable height would really be useful and might be worth the extra cost.

The demo showed how easy it is to lift and lower the table, but I would like to know from actual owners and users how good it is.

Thank you for any input.

John

2. John,

How much is the bench without the top?

$430 plus $100 for the rails and threaded rod to connect them.

http://www.adjustabench.com/prices_legs.asp

John

They had some at a woodworking show I was at a few years back. Their set up is very impressive. I wish that I had the cash at the time to pick up one at their "show special" price. Perhaps they'll be back some day when I can afford one.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

5. Quote Originally Posted by John O'Brien View Post
    $430 plus $100 for the rails and threaded rod to connect them.

http://www.adjustabench.com/prices_legs.asp

John
    Seems pretty pricey to me, once you add a top your spending 3X what you were going to pay for that Costco bench. I've read folks say they love the adjustable bench but how do you see yourself using it?

Cool

It would be a general purpose bench. Used for some woodworking, sanding, sawing, repairing/gluing things, etc.

In addition I could use it for grooming my 2 German Shepherds. Not the bathing part, but it would be nice to be able to put them up there to trim their nails, clean their ears and brush them. Now I sit/kneel on the floor, and that is getting old.

They are good dogs and once up there will just sit or lay until I tell them to get down. Being able to adjust the table to just the "perfect" height would be nice.

Wonder if my wife would like one for Mother's Day?

Maybe I'll take a ride to where they are made, and they might have a floor sample I can take home. Have to get past the house closing first.

John