Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jiggsaw Puzzle DXF.

Jiggsaw Puzzle DXF.

Howdy folks, new guy here, i would like to know if anyone would happen to have a nice puzzle layout in a DXF file, I DO NOT have coreldraw, unfortunately, and need to get it, so for now i am stuck with my autocadd 2002 and my Engravelab. i appreciate any help i can get. thanks guys.

Kevin

Puzzle

Kevin

Do you have a size and / or number of pieces in mind. Here is a 4" by 6" saved in Autocad 2002 dxf format. This is exported out of CorelDraw 13. Had to zip the file due to size.
    Duane
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Suquamish, WA
    Epilog Legend 36EXT 75 Watt
    CorelDraw 2.0 thru X7

Here's one with a few more pieces.
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

these worked great guys, any chance there is one floating around with a few mor pieces, i have been put to a challenge from a customer and am not letting this one win. any help is greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kevin leasure View Post
    any chance there is one floating around with a few mor pieces
    Hi Kevin, For 40-bucks you can create your own... http://www.oberonplace.com/products/jigsaw/index.htm These may have a free trial period where you can create some. I have not tried the stuff on that website, but it looks interesting.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

How many more pieces do you want?
    Longtai 460 with 100 watt EFR, mostly for fun. More power is good!! And a shop with enough wood working tools to make a lot of sawdust. Ex-owner of Shenhui 460-80 and engraving business with 45 watt Epilog Mini18.

i am looking to something around a 10x10 with like 150 pieces. anything close would be great. thanks alot guys, you are life savers

Me too!

Does anybody have any larger (500-1500pcs) .dxf or .dwg puzzle templates or, better yet, a tool to make the template/hatch pattern?

We're in an architecture model shop, so CorelDraw isn't in the house, Illustrator is available.

Puzzles will be plotted images up to 18"x32" (ULS X660) spray glued or adhesive filmed to .10" chipboard or 1/8"bb.

Thanks if you can help!

-kg

Blog Entries
    There are a couple of commercial puzzle generators out there, under $50 if memory serves, can't think of any names off the top of my head. I know one is listed under the Corel plug-ins section on Corel's site, though I don't know if Illustrator can use Corel plug-ins.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

If anyone is interested, I made this tessellation just for fun. Every piece is identical and they interlock. On the jpeg, you can see some ideas for making the pieces into individual objects.

It's just something different in the puzzle world...certainly not very difficult.

cheers, dee
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Blog Entries
    Try this site to experiment with your own tessellations:
    www.shodor.org/interactivate/activities/Tessellate/

M.C. Escher made some really great tessellations in some of his artwork... (big Escher fan here)
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

tessellation

Dee,
    Could you post the cdr in v12?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Gallo View Post
    If anyone is interested, I made this tessellation just for fun. Every piece is identical and they interlock. On the jpeg, you can see some ideas for making the pieces into individual objects.

It's just something different in the puzzle world...certainly not very difficult.

cheers, dee
    Ryan Pridgeon
    Epilog Mini 24 w/ 25 watt, Corel Draw 12

Two .zip files, all files are in .cdr X3 format. 500 piece 20X25 , 1024 piece 32 by 32 and 2500 piece files with different patterns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Pridgeon View Post
    Dee,
    Could you post the cdr in v12?

Thanks
    I knew the minute I posted that I forgot to save it in v 10 for everyone... sorry! Here it is, have fun with it.

dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Thanks A TON for all the files, got something to go on now.

I don't have CorelDraw or Illustrator at home but I found an open source vector drawing app that imports and exports cdr, dxf, eps, svg, pdf, odg and a bunch of other formats.

Inkscape - so far so good.

Referring page:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Open-...-or-Corel-Draw

here:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/inkscape/files/

in file
    0.47pre1

Inkscape-0.47pre1-1.win32.exe

-kg