Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Really amazingly bad service.

Really amazingly bad service.

I am absolutely amazed..lol.

Back in November, I ordered a table insert and a mobility cart for an MM24. I actually have an SCMI SC-600 but it is just an MM-24.

The first parts order took 6 weeks. It was because I spec'ed and SCMI SC-600.

So I emailed again in January, it had been 6 weeks. Xmas was busy..

I heard nothing back.

Emailed from work, next day, got a receipt saying the email was read.. waited ... nada..

Around Feb 1. I decided to call. She said she remembered me and if I gave her a few days?? She would call me back..

Nada..

So around Feb 15, I emailed, got a receipt.. .. but.. nada..

Called again and was told she would call me right back..

Nada...

So I emailed Toronto.. Richard, the boss.. Got the email receipt...

nada..

Called again on March 2nd, and was told quite clearly that my parts where not in and she would call me when they would arrive.. the tone was .. stop calling me..

I appologized and commented that it had been 5 months??

So I wait...

That is pretty amazing.

I'm not sure what an MM24 is, or what a SCMI SC-600 is.

This almost sounds like the company or distributor is going broke... is there an alternate supplier?

Good luck...

-TH

Oh.. my bad..

The company is SCMI- Mini Max. .. Far from broke.

Some of the highest quality machinery made, which is good because I can think of no other reason to buy it.

The one thing SCMI has done for me is made me love Felder.

So I owe them that much..
    Last edited by Rick Fisher; 03-07-2009 at 1:31 AM.

Well Rick, you're suprisingly calm cool and collected sounding. Not sure I would be...

Do you know if it's the same distributor on both sides of the border?

Thats odd

I have had nothing but good service from MM here in the US. Are you n Canada? Here in the US I'm actually able to talk to the guy in the warehouse while he physically walks down my parts. They're that efficient with parts here. I even buy my Lennox blades from them at a great price. I'm thinking its a distriutor problem your having. I get my stuff from Mini Max within a week, from bushings to guides to inserts, whatever. Hell, call Minimax Usa its toll free. I bet you have better luck
    William
    http://woodworkers.us
    I never lost money on a job I didn't get

I called Mini-Max USA. I begged them to sell me the parts. They said I have to deal with Canada.

So I sent a really kind email to the head of the company in Toronto..
    The guy who never got back to me either.

Mini-Max USA will not budge. Say they cannot ship to Canada.

I actually own a door shop. We have Norfield machinery in it. The Band-Saw is at my house, for hobby use..

Imagine a tool in the shop down for 5 months.. due to a simple part.

I still use the saw, but only for large work. I dont want a homemade table insert. What I would really like is to be able to move it. Its really heavy without the mobility kit.

I am calm becasue people respond better to calm. No other reason.

One day.. when I have the space, I will buy a Felder 700. I will take a picture of it and send it to SCMI.. With another kind note.. You never regret being kind.
    Last edited by Rick Fisher; 03-07-2009 at 1:57 AM.

Have someone here order it and forward it north to you

Rick
    The parts problem sucks but are you really sure you want their mobility kit anyway? You can so much better and from what I recall when the US site used to have the mob kit priced separately, for about the same (or maybe even less) money. Put some Zambus or Great Lakes casters on that thing and quit waiting for MM's cheesy mobility kit.
    Use the fence Luke

Rick, sorry that you are having these issues. I have a really good relationship with the company I bought my SCMI/MiniMax stuff from, and I would be glad to buy the stuff for you here and have it shipped to you there.
    Let me know if I can be of service.......

Larry

As a Service Tech who actually worked for a dealer that sold and serviced Delta, Minimax and others it's not uncommon to find some stuff takes longer to get. Considering how many tools and the changes made over the years from a manufacturer it's amazing they do as well as they do. If one only buys a random part over the years it's not fair to judge a whole company over one incident. I buy on a regular basis from many companies and have a pretty good success rate overal with fast turnover. Just yesterday I orderd some replacements parts for a Minimax 25" Sandya widebelt and there were some changes in 1990 but they had both options in stock and I should see the parts mid next week with regular UPS Shipping. Stuff happens. I know a company that had to buy a seat to ship a part from Germany for an edge bander and it was under warranty. When one is involved in the repair business you learn how to deal with these issues. It happens and it's not fair to dismiss the whole company as useless because of an occasional part issue. Try dealing with parts from companies that are out of business. From extensive experience with this I can fix a planer from an out of business company faster with fabrication than a company still in business. I often do the fabrication route on existing company parts to keep it going.

A mobile base is an accessory and a BS throat plate can easily be fabricated and often better than a stock part. If it was an item that prevented the saw from being used you can bet I could get it running pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Fisher View Post
    I called Mini-Max USA. I begged them to sell me the parts. They said I have to deal with Canada.

So I sent a really kind email to the head of the company in Toronto..
    The guy who never got back to me either.

Mini-Max USA will not budge. Say they cannot ship to Canada.

I actually own a door shop. We have Norfield machinery in it. The Band-Saw is at my house, for hobby use..

One day.. when I have the space, I will buy a Felder 700. I will take a picture of it and send it to SCMI.. With another kind note.. You never regret being kind.
    Rick,
    Can you get some one in the US to order the parts from the US distributor and then relay them to you in BC? There really is no excuse for such bad service. At this point I would try to find any way possible not to deal with them.

Canadians must have exceptionally good manners because for the life of me I can't figure out why you apologized to her!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sweeney View Post
    Canadians must have exceptionally good manners because for the life of me I can't figure out why you apologized to her!
    It's wouldn't say the manners of canadians are better than those of americans neighbors as I have met many well mannered americans and many ill-mannered canadians. I will say that americans are more direct and do not tolerate bad service the way canadians seem to. there is no point in getting angry with obtuse women on the phone as it does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sweeney View Post
    There is a saying: "How do you get a bunch of rowdy Canadians out of a bar at closing time? A: You ask them to leave.

BTW, is this place that carries MM also a dealer of tools? If yes, what is the company called?

S.E. Tennessee ... just a bit North of Chattanooga
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Lizek View Post
    As a Service Tech who actually worked for a dealer that sold and serviced Delta, Minimax and others it's not uncommon to find some stuff takes longer to get. Considering how many tools and the changes made over the years from a manufacturer it's amazing they do as well as they do. If one only buys a random part over the years it's not fair to judge a whole company over one incident. I buy on a regular basis from many companies and have a pretty good success rate overal with fast turnover. Just yesterday I orderd some replacements parts for a Minimax 25" Sandya widebelt and there were some changes in 1990 but they had both options in stock and I should see the parts mid next week with regular UPS Shipping. Stuff happens. I know a company that had to buy a seat to ship a part from Germany for an edge bander and it was under warranty. When one is involved in the repair business you learn how to deal with these issues. It happens and it's not fair to dismiss the whole company as useless because of an occasional part issue. Try dealing with parts from companies that are out of business. From extensive experience with this I can fix a planer from an out of business company faster with fabrication than a company still in business. I often do the fabrication route on existing company parts to keep it going.

A mobile base is an accessory and a BS throat plate can easily be fabricated and often better than a stock part. If it was an item that prevented the saw from being used you can bet I could get it running pretty quick.
    It is certainly fair and accurate to judge a company .. any company based on personal experience with them. You have your opinion of them based on your experience .. he has his .. no difference. How many times have you decided not to return to a restaurant based on poor service on your first visit ??

You NEVER get a second chance to make a good first impression !!