Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grizzly cab saw wiring question

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Veatch View Post
    No, not really, Jim.
    snip
    So, the current to the motor, isn't "shared" or "split" between the two hot wires in 240, it's just that one of them takes the place of the neutral wire in a 120 circuit. So while current is flowing to the motor in one wire, 240 or 120, that same identical current flows away from the motor in the other wire. Of course, the flow direction reverses every 120th of a second (every 100th of a second in some countries) which is why they call it "Alternating Current".
    Ah, of course. Darn that DC background of mine...gets in the way a lot. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason White View Post
    220-volt wiring question for G1023 owners...

Or just regular 12/2 with ground cable (3 wires)?

Jason
    12/2 W/ground???? That is Romex (NM cable) & I hope you did not use that to run to the saw,as it is not a substitute for a flexible cord which would be a 12/3 cord.......

Now if your discussing the circuit to run the saw that is another story.

No, the circuit. The saw comes with its own cord.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Rollie Meyers View Post
    12/2 W/ground???? That is Romex (NM cable) & I hope you did not use that to run to the saw,as it is not a substitute for a flexible cord which would be a 12/3 cord.......

Now if your discussing the circuit to run the saw that is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason White View Post
    No, the circuit. The saw comes with its own cord.

Jason
    Good to hear.