Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone using Purex-Laserex fume extractor ?

Anyone using Purex-Laserex fume extractor ?

Hi everyone !

I'm on eve of my second decoration&construction exhibition and my laser is quite busy in these days.

I'm using Purex-Laserex fume extractor, its a great piece of equipment but its first stage filter which looks like standart vacuum cleaner dust filter is getting dirtier day by day.

Any idea for cleaning that filter ? My extractor started to give dirt alerts more often and i have to pause engraving job everytime it alerts.

My cleaning efforts only saves it for 1-2 days....so any ideas for a longer run time for that filter ?

Thank you
    epilog mini24 45W laser
    purex indoor air filter
    black&decker compressor
    felix compressor&airbrush

sawgrass sublimation system

Information is valuable only when it's shared.

Best exercise is the race itself-M.Schumacher.

You might consider getting a pre-filter like the one in this link http://www.vaniman.com/cyclone-pre-filters.php I did a brief google search and found that one and it should get rid of a lot of the debris before going to the extractor.
    Margaret Turco

60 watt Universal V-460, Coreldraw X4

For a temporary quick fix......pull it out and use a regular vaccuum to clean the filter out......not sure how good it would work, but it's worth a try to get you by in a pinch.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Blog Entries
    Onur,

What you're looking for is an electrostatic filter (the electronic kind, not the kind that are called "electrostatic" but create their charge simply by the air flowing around the filter). I'm actually trying to find one that will plug right in to a standard filter, like what you have now, but so far the best I've found will still require some sheetmetal work to create an appropriate plenum. The air flows past electrically charged wire mesh, and particles within the air stream pick up that charge. The charged particles pass electrically charged plates and stick to them. You clean the plates off from time to time by wiping them down with a sponge. The majority of the crap getting caught in your filters is smoke particles, so one of these units will drastically increase your filter replacement time.

I'll let you know if I find one that is appropriate, though I don't know what it might cost to ship to your country.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Hi Steve, thats one of my method for cleaning it and my primary method is to beat it with a stick in the garden

Beating it works better tan vaccuum cleaner

But it works for 2 days only...it buzzes again after 2 days of work.

What i'm looking for is a efficient way of cleaning method without buying a new accordion filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clarkson View Post
    For a temporary quick fix......pull it out and use a regular vaccuum to clean the filter out......not sure how good it would work, but it's worth a try to get you by in a pinch.
    epilog mini24 45W laser
    purex indoor air filter
    black&decker compressor

Thank you Dan, using a pre-filter infront of extractor is another idea that can work too.

Please let me know when you find something about it.

About shipping to Turkey.....sometimes shipping with UPS or Fedex is expensive than plane ticket to USA

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Onur,

What you're looking for is an electrostatic filter (the electronic kind, not the kind that are called "electrostatic" but create their charge simply by the air flowing around the filter). I'm actually trying to find one that will plug right in to a standard filter, like what you have now, but so far the best I've found will still require some sheetmetal work to create an appropriate plenum. The air flows past electrically charged wire mesh, and particles within the air stream pick up that charge. The charged particles pass electrically charged plates and stick to them. You clean the plates off from time to time by wiping them down with a sponge. The majority of the crap getting caught in your filters is smoke particles, so one of these units will drastically increase your filter replacement time.

I'll let you know if I find one that is appropriate, though I don't know what it might cost to ship to your country.
    epilog mini24 45W laser
    purex indoor air filter
    black&decker compressor

Hi Margaret, vaniman page is down i'cant access it. But i ll google for similiar products thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret Turco View Post
    You might consider getting a pre-filter like the one in this link http://www.vaniman.com/cyclone-pre-filters.php I did a brief google search and found that one and it should get rid of a lot of the debris before going to the extractor.
    epilog mini24 45W laser
    purex indoor air filter
    black&decker compressor

Quote Originally Posted by onur cakir View Post
    my primary method is to beat it with a stick in the garden
    My kids hate to take baths......maybe I should try your method.......
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by steve clarkson View Post
    my kids hate to take baths......maybe i should try your method.......

ahhahahahah....! you got a point !
    epilog mini24 45W laser
    purex indoor air filter
    black&decker compressor

Blog Entries
    I didn't see Margaret's post... cyclone filters are great for removing large debris (like that 2mm letter 'c' you couldn't find after lasering a piece of acrylic and now your sign says "Wel_ome"), but it will do zero for removing smoke, which is the bane of particle filters. Cyclones are used in woodworking environments where therte is a lot of sawdust to remove, but those particles are immense in size compared to smoke.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Hi guys, My search was: pre-filter for dust collector. I was thinking that would work because it seems like Onur is doing a lot of laser tile, marble, granite, etc. but I honestly don't know what particle size debris they create. I'm with you Dan if the problem is actually smoke!
    Margaret Turco

60 watt Universal V-460, Coreldraw X4

Any idea for cleaning that filter ? My extractor started to give dirt alerts more often and i have to pause engraving job everytime it alerts.
    Hi Onur,

Love your work.

It sounds like the system you have is under rated for the dirt and dust load in your working environment. Do you have a picture of the thing?

My first thought is to use automotive air filters as pre-filter. Jeeps Cherokees use a rectangular filter and I would make a box that mounts over the inlet to the Purex filter and have maybe 3 filters that slide in slots.

The automotive filters are cheap and plentiful. The Jeep fitlers are 4-bucks a piece here. They would be a whole bunch more expensive where you live, but I am sure a trip to an auto shop to look at filters would turn up some similar rectangular ones you could use.

I use Jeep filters on the CPU-cabinets of my CNC machines here.

Just a thought.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Onur,

Try these sites:

George

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Johnson29 View Post
    Hi Onur,

Love your work.

It sounds like the system you have is under rated for the dirt and dust load in your working environment. Do you have a picture of the thing?

My first thought is to use automotive air filters as pre-filter. Jeeps Cherokees use a rectangular filter and I would make a box that mounts over the inlet to the Purex filter and have maybe 3 filters that slide in slots.

The automotive filters are cheap and plentiful. The Jeep fitlers are 4-bucks a piece here. They would be a whole bunch more expensive where you live, but I am sure a trip to an auto shop to look at filters would turn up some similar rectangular ones you could use.

I use Jeep filters on the CPU-cabinets of my CNC machines here.

Just a thought.
    Hi Dave, thank you

Well...i was on the eve buying a jeep I'll check for its filters too.

You mean this model of Jeep or something different than tis ?
    http://www.sahibinden.com/fotografla...XQQdisplayitem

Attached photos are my system with purex (sorry for the mass)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    epilog mini24 45W laser
    purex indoor air filter
    black&decker compressor

You mean this model of Jeep or something different than tis ?
    Hi Onur,

Love the Grand Cherokee. I have owned a couple of Cherokees in the past. Good cars and very reliable in my experience. The one you show has a V8 engine and I am not sure what filters they have.

I meant this one...
    http://www.allpar.com/reviews/photos/im/cherokee.jpg

Here's that actual filter, looks like it fits some Chevies too.

http://tinyurl.com/b8b6sz

Hope that helps.
    Dave J
    Forums: Where all too often, logic is the first casualty.