In the way of a full scale mock up on the particle board I will be using as one of the outside forms..

It looks like the pulley set up will work just fine and I will have a dual spindle machine. The lower spindle will yield a 13" swing over the ways and use a tail stock where the upper will have a 48" swing over the ways.

I have a slick set up figgured out for the motor mounting and belt tensioning. I just hope it works like I plan.

Today I brought home a dozen 80# bags of high strength concrete and the heavy wall square pipe I will be using for the ways. I have some welding to do on em.

I havent decided if the ways will bolt to the headstock colum or be cast into the concrete but I wont be mixing the concrete for about two weeks till I have the rest of the bits in hand so no hurry on that decision..

I'll let the pictures tell the rest of todays story.

Almost 1000# of concrete

I have two options for the horizontal body of the machine under the ways and havent decided. Both are 8" pieces of water main pipe, one is ductile iron and the other is c-900 pvc... The iron would hold paint real well but the pvc could remain un-painted and is nice and smooth.

More to come