Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Making plans to build a concrete bowl lathe - opinions welcome.

I will definitely try my hand at segmented turning Richard. I think I would enjoy that a lot.

My first order of business is to get the shop cleaned up and organized. It's been an auto shop for so many years I have car parts filling up the shelves that should be sporting wood. I would like to just toss em all but I see value in many so I need to inventory em and offer em up for sale on my Camaro forum.

Bump!

How are you doing Mark?
    Blessings, Steve

Raised in the US (elementary in Lawrence, graduated in Boulder). Now in Israel.
    I miss this thread. Please post something ... anything?
    [tool rest news or plans, satisfaction from cement clear finish, lessons learnt after some turning, max weight spinning so far, pic from un-orthodox angle...]

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Zax View Post
    I miss this thread. Please post something ... anything?
    [tool rest news or plans, satisfaction from cement clear finish, lessons learnt after some turning, max weight spinning so far, pic from un-orthodox angle...]
    Yeah! You got most of us hooked..
    Blessings, Steve

Sometimes life take over,,,LOL
    been cleaning up around here when I'm not spending time with the kids.
    Sorta ran out of cash and been stood up by my welder friend twice.

I wanted to do some turning this weekend but its been way too hot, the mercury hit 104 yesterday and is allready 95 and not even noon yet...

I'm taking the kids to taco bell and bowling soon, then maybee to the river again to cool off.

Bump...

It was a lot of fun building and you guys are great but I have to part with it..

Check the classified...

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...85#post1193385

That sucks

Mark,

I am sorry to hear about what is going on. I was beggining to wonder where you were. Best of luck on the sale, you shouldn't have an issue selling that beast though. Best of luck and God Bless.

P.S. I posted this on a local WW site.
    Last edited by Gary Conklin; 08-12-2009 at 10:10 PM.

Thank you Gary

I greatly enjoyed the build and am impressed with the outcome. I wish I could purchase or build a tailstock to complete it but it's just not in the cards. I don't want to complete the ways without having a tailstock in hand for guidance.

Maybe someone here who knows how to copy the link could post it on some other turning sites. Unique Marks-Way concrete bowl lathe for sale.
    Richard in Wimberley

I've followed Marks build, and I'd really like to see that lathe finished by him, if he wants too. Wonder if we could collectively help that happen, if Mark wants.

Thanks for the help guys!

I would like to finish it and it would not take much, just a tailstock so I can have the ways welded up, then a banjo and tool rest. I was contemplating with just making a tool rest and forgoing the tailstock till I could afford one.
    As it is, I will likely be re-locating and wont have room for all the toys I have now.

Feel free to spread the word of the awesome machine for sale. And dont worry about including my e-mail addy triangle5@sti.net thanks again.

Concrete Lathe

Checkout the web site for Vernon Leibrant at http://www.vkleibrant.com/process.html. I have visited Vernon's shop. He turns large bowls on a homemade concrete lathe. Recommend you talk with Vernon about fabrication of a concrerte lathe. He is a nice guy and I am sure he would be willing to share with you what he knows about fabrication and turning on a concrete based lathe. - John

...little late to the game john.

Any updates on this project? I would love to see the finished project.

Not sure what Mark is up to

Ray, A few months back Mark had some family issues to attend to and we are allowing him to get things back to normal. So we will have to wait and see what ever happened to the Concrete Beast.

Mark, If you are still checking in once in a while send me a PM or I will drop you and e-mail or something. I want to be able to get the bowl I am working on for you to you.

Take care and God Bless us all at this time of the year,

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown