Thread: Art table completed

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Art table completed

Well, I finally finished my wife’s art cabinet. She has been using it for about a month now and is extremely pleased with it. I built a flip top lid, using Rockler hardware. Four wheels allow it to be pushed away from its furniture position to the area she paints at. We have a room we call a sunroom. It is perfect for painting, however when visitors come, she likes to have a place to put her supplies. We saw this idea in an art catalog and made some revisions. One difference was to try and make it look like a piece of furniture and be a functional art table. This project turned out to be a first in a few areas. All exposed areas are solid maple, the few inner shelves are poplar. Breadboard ends were a first. I posted a few months ago of some issues and Sawmill members came thru. Thanks. The finish was another first. Being my wife is an artist, she will not settle for the min-wax look. Again Sawmill helped us along with Rockler. This was our first use of shellac flakes and transtint. Wife loved working with that and really likes the result. Well, got to go and squeeze out one more project before golf season heats up. John
    Attached Images Attached Images