Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: But I'm not a sign maker.....

Rodne, thank you - will that peg be glued to the back of the letter, or how is it mounted so it doesn't fall off ?

Who wants to hear the bells must pull the rope
    Wer die Glocken hören will muss am Seil ziehen

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    That way I can work and watch it run......okay, that way I can surf the internet while it runs

If I have other non-desk related work, I make the video larger on the screen and just make sure I'm angled so I can see the video.
    Scott, ever run dual monitors? Get another (standard) video card or upgrade your current one to a dual output video and put two monitors on there. You can put your video on the second while you continue to work on the primary. Once you get a second, you'll wonder how you ever survived with just one.
    Steve Beckham

Epilog Mini 24 with 45 Watt, Ricoh GX 7000 Sublimation, Corel X3, Corel X4 and PhotoGrav, Recently replaced the two 'used' SWF machines with brand new Barudans.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Beckham View Post
    Scott, ever run dual monitors? Get another (standard) video card or upgrade your current one to a dual output video and put two monitors on there. You can put your video on the second while you continue to work on the primary. Once you get a second, you'll wonder how you ever survived with just one.
    Aaaaaand how, brother!
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea Weissenseel View Post
    Rodne, thank you - will that peg be glued to the back of the letter, or how is it mounted so it doesn't fall off ?
    It's a hole with threads and the peg is a set screw.

Dual Monitors sounds good to me! I'm working towards a new computer before too long and I'll make sure that's a feature to have.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

i run a dual monitor set up straight off my onboard video. Monitor 1 is a 19 widescreen hooked up via VGA and monitor 2 is my 65" DLP hooked up via hdmi. It works good.

I'm the same with dual monitors, I tend to use the other screen to have people who are on Skype on that.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Blog Entries
    Steve,

When you get around to doing the dual-monitor thing, let me know... I can point you in the right direction.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5