Thread: My first decal pens

My first decal pens

First I want to thank Jon Lanier for posting his tutorial to making decal pens. This week I decided to give it a shot and made 2 of these to be donated to my church for a silent auction fundraiser. These are Wall Street II kits from woodcraft with a CA finish (another first, thanks to SMC!) and micro mesh to 12000.

ChurchPen.jpg

John that is a great looking pen and the decal looks really good. Well done.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Pen looks really nice John! I hope both of them raise a lot of money at the auction!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

John:
    Great looking pen! What is it made of? I am sure they will sell very well at the auction.

All the best.

Don

Thanks to all for the kind remarks. I only wish the decal had been a little darker to contrast against the pen blank a little better. It's a little clearer when seen in person.

Don, the pen blank is an acrylic I got at woodcraft when I bought the Wall Street kits. I was hoping to do it in holly, but they didn't have any of the blanks in stock and I was afraid I wouldn't have time to get them online.