Thread: ?? Opinions on Incra/Woodpeckers PRL V2

?? Opinions on Incra/Woodpeckers PRL V2

Looking for opinions on the Precision Router Lift V2 from Woodpeckers or Incra. I've search and it looks like a few Creekers purchased one last year and I want to know what you think about it.

Also, I want to know the make and model of your router fence.

Thanks for you input.

Trace

I am using PRL-V2 with PC 7518 on WP top with super trac and single offset superfence. Very flexible system when used with replacable MDF fences. Does real nice mortices with up cut spiral bits with 3/4" up and down fine adjustments and stops set on fences or you can zero out at bottom and get 1.5" of fine adjust when cutting deep mortices. I removed the spring on the lift handle and find it much easier to use.Tracks are set at true 90 and fence is single rail with offset on infeed or outfeed if needed. Dust collection at fence and in my table below works terrific. Set up is very accurate and table is dead flat!

I have the PRL-V2 from Incra so it has a different ring system than the Woodpecker's version. I'm embarrased to say that it is still in the box...a couple months after it has arrived! However, I have no doubt it'll be as good as or even better than the original PRL from Woodpeckers.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I use the PRL-V2 myself (love Woodpeckers stuff anyway) and I have a full review of it with photos and video at the link below if more on the details would help.

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/wdpkprlv2rvu.html
    "Because There Is Always More To Learn"

I also have the Incra version of this lift. Running a PC 7518 in it on the
    Incra 27"x43" router table and wheeled stand. With the Incra
    LS Positioner
    Super System
    in the 17".

If you can afford it, you won't ever regret it. Makes setting up any type
    of cut, very easy! Stile and rail, sliding dovetails and anything in between, you can dial this thing in by .001 increments.
    And the Incra fence is just as precise.

It was my dream machine setup for routing and has not disappointed.

I've had one for a few months now. I previously had a Quick Lift but liked the table top thumb wheel fine adjustment. I was an early buyer and found out after I received it that the fine adjustment has a limited 3/4" travel (the QL can fine adjust over it's full adjustment range). Over time I'll see if this presents a problem. I did add a Wixey remote readout - so if I do reach a fine adjustment limit I'll be able to re-set the coarse adjustment and easily get back to where I started. The big spring on the coarse adjustment tool makes it easy to "float" the router in place but the spring is a little hard to compress to interlock the wrench - maybe I'll try removing it like a previous poster above did. I also have the Incra LS Positioner with the Wonder Fence. I use a Milwaukee 5625-20 router with remote speed control. 100% satisfied with this set-up:

WP router table (53") and PRL V2 lift

Just this weekend finished assembly and made first boxjoint! Using Incra LS Super system, WP PRL V2, WonderFence and PC 7518 router.

As a begining woodworker, I had a couple of questions about the positioner and Mark Mueller, and Perry at Incra in his absence, were right on with the detailed support. Could not ask for a better experience thus far and the first box joint was a real treat to make.

David Fielding

Mark is the man! I've had several email exchanges and phone calls with him...super guy.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

Thanks for everyone's input. I've ordered the wonderfence joinery package and an incra 5" square and 45. I'll order the PRL V2 from incra.

thanks again.

Trace