Thread: Got the pics, time to Gloat!

Talking Got the pics, time to Gloat!

I've been blessed with several great tool deals and finally took the camera with me to the shop last night and got the proof!

First deal was this '80s Craftsman shaper, 3/4 HP, came with 12-15 cutter profiles. Got it from my FIL's friend who fired it up once but never ran anything through. $150

shaper.jpg

Next I landed this 60 gallon PC with a new DeWalt motor, he only wanted $250 (considering a cheap oil-less Craftsman 30gal runs $300 ...)

compressor.jpg

Of course that meant I needed something other than a blowgun to use for it, scored this like new DeWalt 16ga brad for $60 (retails $140)

brad nailer.jpg

Then came the ultimate deal, 3 tools for whatever computer parts I could rub together to build a working machine (and I have tons of these lying around). This guy's inhereted them from his uncle and he just had 'em in his shop taking up space he needed for his new 4-wheelers.

First is a Craftsman router table mounted to a large stand.

router table.jpg

The router looks in great shape and came with a couple odd bits loosely stored in a metal box (will have to test to see if the edges are salvageable).

router.jpg

continued ...
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Next is the Spindle Sander, 3/4 HP motor with stand. Has wheels in the back so you can tuck it in a corner when not in use. Doesn't Oscillate and will need some new sleeves.

spindle sander.jpg

This all leads up to the star of the lot, a 1953 DeWalt RAS. 3/4 HP with a custom frame. Obviously the other tools were painted green to match this one's traditional colors. The custom frame is a number, stop & miter jig that attach to the top, storage underneath with shop vac (not sure if it turns on with the saw). It has fixed casters and leveler feet which is a lifesaver as I rearrange my shop.

I already have a 12" CMS so I can dedicate this to 90deg cuts and dadoes. There was some type of dado blade that came with it (bottom blade in the storage cabinent), but I don't see any cutters so I'll probably be on the lookout for the next sale on the 8" freud dial-a-dado.

dewalt ras left.jpg

dewalt ras right.jpg

Miter Jig

dewalt ras cabinet.jpg
    Storage & Vac
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Scott, that's quite a haul. Congratulations.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

I'm absolutely not jealous, absolutely not jealous, absolutely not jealous...damn...it's not working.

I have the same DeWalt, have yet to use it, but I just need to build the bench to put it in. Congrats.

Agreed, that's quite a haul. Those shapers keep showing up on CL here. I've been wondering how well they work. I'm probably doing kitchen cabinets for the 'rents later this year and am considering building all new doors and drawers for our kitchen (boxes are good, but doors are showing some wear) and have been wondering if it wouldn't be better to get a small shaper and start to invest in shaper cutters instead of router bits.

The craftsman router is a POS! I had one and it gave me nothing but trouble. The day it stopped working i was glad. I replaced right away.

Other than that router, you got a dam good deal on pretty much everything else! Good catches!

Scott, thats a very nice gloat..looks like you got a whole shop for the price of one tool
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired