Thread: Festool... like a moth .. to a flame..

Festool... like a moth .. to a flame..

Geesh.. now I am "Jonesin"...

The Felder store in our area sells Festool and General now... and Forrest, Dimar, Whiteside... enough said.

I went to the Felder store "open house" this afternoon. I have a Domino, which I havent been to impressed with and knew Festool would be there.

Of course, I bought it on a whim, never read the manual and use it like a biscuit jointer.

It was the end of the day, so Festool man spent as much time as I wanted demonstrating and answering questions.

I didnt know the Festool Vac came on automatically when you turn on the tool. I didnt know the Domino was as awesome as it is.. I also didnt need to play with the ETS-150 or the Rotex, but I did.
    Gosh, I am glad I didnt ask about the routers..

Anyhow, other than a Wixey for my router table .. I escaped unspent..

I am however Jonesin big time.. of course this is no place to come to be talked off the tool buying ledge..

Once you buy one your a goner. They seem to breed in the garages they work their way into. The ETS150 is unbelievable if you haven't tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Fisher View Post
    .. of course this is no place to come to be talked off the tool buying ledge..
    You got that right!! That's like a druggie visiting a crack house for drug counseling

I think deep down inside, you want approval from your peers to go ahead with another Festool purchase - so here it is - DO IT!!! You NEED it!!

John's comment on the ETS150 is timely. I have been doing some research on that one - and lusting. Trying to avoid the temptation for the moment - but I know it is just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hedges View Post
    Once you buy one your a goner. They seem to breed in the garages they work their way into. The ETS150 is unbelievable if you haven't tried it.
    Yea, the sander is very compelling, especially if you have issues with vibration and your hands. It was a very good investment for me.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

My name is David and I am a Festool addict.

There are numerous and helpful resources to learn more about the details of using Festool products. Go to this page on the Festool USA web site and search support for a product. You will see a list of manuals and help topics.

http://www.festoolusa.com/support/knowledgebase.html

For example, "Getting the Most from the Festool Domino" would be an excellent article to download and read to understand many of the capabilities of that particular tool.
    Dave Falkenstein aka Daviddubya
    Cave Creek, AZ