Thread: missed gloat? hitachi belt/disk

missed gloat? hitachi belt/disk

I was at the local Lowe's today and had the benchtop sander at 149.99 - 10%. I think ~ $135 for that unit is a pretty good deal, but wanted someone else to add their two sense. Did i make a mistake to pass it up? I can still get it tomorrow if I want. Any input? i want to spend less than $175 if possible. Also Is this a good addition to my shop? I have an occassional need for one, but at the price I thought it was a good deal...

I guess it really comes down to, what do you think you would use it for? Do you sand a lot of small things that are too big for a stationary edge sander? Do you have a stationary edge sander? Those are all things to consider. I would say to buy it, it's a good price. Considering it's 169-189 anywhere on the internet.

David,
    Thanks for the response. I have a Ridgid Oscilating edge sander, A Bosch ROS and an old C'man palm sander. If you are referring to the large long oscillating belt sander like Norm uses, I do not have one, nor do I plan to. Too much $$$...I will use it primarily for small parts and also maybe some sharpening. I thought $135 was a good deal. Where can belts be purchased in finer grit than 120?