Thread: Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments...

Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments...

23 Mar 2009

Good Morning,
    We've seen some very nice weather here and the garden is all tilled up and now we just need to wait for the ground to dry out enough to work it again.

Been working a lot at the day job and the family doctor came by this weekend and wanted me to help him build a Pecan book case for his wife. We've started milling up his lumber and deciding on his final design for her. Did I happen to mention that I really do like my shelix cutterhead?

Any way, I'm very much in the middle of the antique school desk project and hope to have some time this week to make some more progress on it and have it ready for the customer to give her mom by Mother's Day.

Well, that's it for me, so what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

2. Little O This, Little O That

I finished up some baby furniture for some close friends, and they came and picked up and were very excited. Always good when someone's paying for it.

Then, I finally tackled the dust collection ducting and cyclone stand that I've been putting off for 2 years (turned out great! see pic link below).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hamilto...44751103/show/

Finally, began work on 2 adirondack benches for the mom and mom in law.

Good weekend...enjoyed the beautiful weather in the Dallas area. My lungs will enjoy the new DC. Now if I can just make up my mind on a new hand plane this week.
    GO POKES!!

More work on the house. We installed in-ceiling speakers in our family room, master bath, and my office. New bath fan/light for my daughter's bathroom which was the only remaining item in there. I'm trying to get all the projects we want to do that involve going in the attic done so we can get some additional insulation blown in there before summer. Got the family room ready for carpet installers to come today including some touch-up painting. Then cleaned the whole house top to bottom as there was dust everywhere from the stuff we've been doing over the last 2 weeks. Finished up the weekend burning all the lumber from the wall I removed and a bunch of scrap that wasn't usable as campfire kindling (plywood scraps, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    More work on the house. We installed in-ceiling speakers in our family room, master bath, and my office. New bath fan/light for my daughter's bathroom which was the only remaining item in there. I'm trying to get all the projects we want to do that involve going in the attic done so we can get some additional insulation blown in there before summer. Got the family room ready for carpet installers to come today including some touch-up painting. Then cleaned the whole house top to bottom as there was dust everywhere from the stuff we've been doing over the last 2 weeks. Finished up the weekend burning all the lumber from the wall I removed and a bunch of scrap that wasn't usable as campfire kindling (plywood scraps, etc.)
    Matt,
    I've spent 25yrs working in the insulation buisness, please do youself a favor and get fiberglass blown in. Make sure that you have attic ventelation/baffles installed in eaves. The fiberglass won't settle after installtion and won't hold moisture so you won't get mold in bathroom corners. There is a whole bunch of other benefits that I could give you but I hope you get the Idea. If you want anymore questions answered give me a shout.

Chuck

Well, the women used the shop to make kitchen cupboard doors and unfortunately one door was dropped on a corner and damaged. Oh well, we all have thos sort of experiences.

We went to Skule Night, the U of T Engineering play and had a great time. My niece just received her ring (Mech) and is heading back for her masters.

I had a rotten cold all weekend, and my trip to Detroit was cancelled since GM is cancelling our contract to save money. I hope it works out for them, and that they are able to salvage something of a once great company.

Regards, Rod.

Finished restoring a 1910 Crescent Bandsaw. Just have to hook up the power (shots are sans motor which I installed after the pictures).

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Thanks
    Josh

I had Friday off and used it to checkout a new lumber supplier and I scored two sections of a bowling alley lane. One 6' Douglas fir the other 5' Maple with the pin dots. As for what got accomplished:

• Insulated the rafters for the small additions on my shop
    • Started running 6" PVC for ductwork, got it from DC through the wall into main shop about 4' to the main branch, almost finished one branch when I ran outta 45s to connect it to the main Wye.
    • Moved some stuff around, now have the 6' lane on two large sawhorses as my outfeed/temp work surface
    I meant to pull up some nearly dead bushes where I'm gonna try growing a garden, but the nice weather got us to the zoo and a picnic and I plum forgot about it till I saw Dennis got his started
    There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Worked on my new addiction

Turned a few pens. Link
    Last edited by Tom Henry; 03-23-2009 at 10:12 AM.

Got discharged from the hospital, got some TLC time in with my 4-legged kids after a week, started doing slow laps on the driveway with my new hip and walker, got some practice on stairs, and tried to keep up with my phys therapy exercises. No woodworking tasks in sight for a couple of weeks but I've got some rare earth mags still needing installs on some straight edge cases that I think I'm going to try and tackle today. That would probably be a 10 min job normally so I figure it will take me about an hour.
    Use the fence Luke

Saturday I lounged recovering from an incredible work week. Sunday, I lounged.....fertilized the yard and repositioned some wood I have seasoning in my shop for a future project.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Worked a half day Sat, then rested for a few hours. Did some work on the sprinkler pump input line. Finished that Sunday and found out all the repair pieces I need for sprinkler head repairs, and 2 shrub misters that are broken off.
    Sat evening got the call to go ahead and pick up two 10 week old Irish Setter/Irish Red and White crosses. That took about 2 1/2 hours as it was in SE Dallas. Had been on Craigs List twice in 3 days by 2 different owners!!! Original owner wanted money for them, and we usually don't buy dogs for rescue, but ended up paying 100.00 each for these to get them off the streets. Not much sleep the last 2 nights. So I'm a little wobbley today.
    Cut down a dead Red Bud tree by the drive to the shop, and got it cut up and stacked. LOML mowed the yard. I watched a little March Madness. Wish I could have made myself stay up to see the finish of the Baylor womens game last night. UTSA played them well. It was a good game. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Cut firewood for next winter.

Cleared and burnt brush and limbs.

Small trees make less wood.

But the wooded pasture is looking better.