Thread: OK, this is probably excessive

OK, this is probably excessive

I have had the newer 10" saw for about seven or eight years. Lately I decided I needed something with more capacity and generally more heavy duty. I found the Delta 12" saw locally on Craigslist for a reasonably good price and brougt it home a couple of weeks ago. Since the market for used tools is pretty bad right now and in particular is flooded with cheap Craftsman RA saws, I decided to keep the 10" saw and use it for dado and tennon work. While the newer 10" saw is probably as good as you're going to get these days in a new 10" saw, the older 12" saw is much more rugged and the adjustments are a lot more positive.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not excessive. You are just a toolaholic like the rest of us. Nice score.

Dave, that set up looks very handy. I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of bots saws.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

Nice Set-Up Dave!
    I wish I had even one RAS set up to do Crosscuts!

T'is 2009. Has been for almost 3 months already.

NO Such Thing as RAS Excess!!

In my dreams I want one shop wall lined with RAS's! My 18" Rockwell in the center for crosscuts, and a 12" Rockwell/Delta on either side for left- and right-hand miters! I HAVE the saws, just not the long wall!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Not too bad, if I was to do that I would have one blade for rough and one for S4S and finished goods. THat way better wear on both blades.

Excessive? No way. Great set up. Most guys these days are afraid to admit to owning even one RAS. I get by with just one, 1949 DeWalt GR42, 14" blade, 24" cross cut. Excessive for a small one man shop? I don't feel it is. Its nice to have a bit of overhead.