Thread: G0555 question

G0555 question

I recently got a new Grizzly G0555 band saw from craigslist. It was already assembeld when I picked it up. The question that I have is concerning the fence. The rip fence seems to be installed correctly but when i move it within 7 inches of the blade, the part of the fence that rides on the front rail sits up about 1/2" higher than the table?! I know this can't be right, but how else would the tube go on the top, there are only 2 holes that the tube bolts onto. Has anyone else had this issue?

I remember this issue being discussed before and I believe the issue is that the wrong holes were used when they mounted the front fence. There are actually four holes and you need to use the bottom ones. If you use the top ones you will have the issue you describe. It was also noted that we are not real sure what the upper holes are for unless they use that top on another saw with a different fence. You will love the saw. I have had mine for a couple of years and I love it.

You can download the manual off of Grizzly's sight if you need to.

Ray, I believe you're correct. I just went out and looked at mine. The fence is mounted in the lower holes and the upper holes are centered about 1/2" higher.

Thanx!

Thanks for the help everyone, I didn't notice another set of holes in the front rail, i'll check it out when i get home. I'm so excited to start resawing soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mann View Post
    Thanks for the help everyone, I didn't notice another set of holes in the front rail, i'll check it out when i get home. I'm so excited to start resawing soon!
    assuming you are using the wrong holes, you won't see the other two holes until you remove the rail.

I think the above response are correct. The directions are not 100% clear when going through the assembly, so I mounted into the upper holes and had the same problem you are having..... of course I had the luxury of having seen the other holes and saying "hmm, must be the other holes".
    fledgling weekend warrior