Thread: More Pictures - Desk / Inlay Finally Completed!!!

More Pictures - Desk / Inlay Finally Completed!!!

Some of you might remember my posting of the bookcase and then later the turquoise inlay in the rough oak...thanks to Dewey! I've finally got it finished up, just needs some drawer handles! Many firsts for me on this project, everything here I did minus the crown.

Thanks to all for the help...any feedback welcome. Finished in clear shellac for main piece, highlighted areas are shellac w/ a poly rosewood finish all on red oak.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by travis howe; 04-14-2009 at 9:34 AM.

well...i have more pictures but need to take the time to downsize them...didn't realize the restrictions til I tried to post. bumms

Looks very nice. I'm forward to seeing your other pics. Thanks for sharing.
    Stephen Edwards
    Hilham, TN 38568

"Build for the joy of it!"

Travis,
    This thing came out great... I mean really great!

Nice work my friend. Now don't forget to take the blue painters tape down. If you leave it too long it will pull the paint

When you post you pics take an inlay one for me please.
    Dewey

"Everything is better with Inlay or Marquetry!"

More Pictures!

Awesome, thanks!

Okay, let's try these pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good but I would say it goes farther than a book-case. Do I not see somewhat of a desk down below the book-case? I could be just seeing things at my age?

Nice job...

Sarge..

Thanks Sarge! Yeah, this was built to match the built in book cases I did a bit earlier.

Not sure if the picture of the inlay picture is clear enough. I made the decesion to add some of the darker blue stones into the mix...in sand grain size and smaller it looks good, the bigger pieces in the mix don't look that well. I seem to be the only one to really look at it in that detail.

For sure the smaller grain w/ a few of the other colors mixed with the larger turquoise stones seem to me the very best of both worlds.

Being my first real big project, I can just sit there and look at it....sorta odd really, no internal feedback really just looking at the small little details on the wood that pop out.

Cheers!

t