Thread: Bandsaw Blades

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bandsaw Blades

Good Morning....

I'm hoping to get some input in regards to bandsaw blades, what to get, widths, TPI, etc. I should be getting the bandsaw in about 2 weeks and wanted to make sure I have a good selection of blades that would cover most tasks from resaw through the standard scroll type work. I have heard a lot about Timberwolf blades and also the Wood Slicer was recommended for doing resaw work. The saw calls for a 149" blade however I must be looking in the wrong places since I can not seem to find blades that length. Do you all have custom lengths made?

The bandsaw is new to me so I also ordered The Bandsaw Book by Lonnie Bird. Any other books you would recommned?

Edit: The pre-made Wood Slicer shows a length of 150". Are there acceptable ranges that you can go with on the blades (i.e. a 149" saw could use a 148" - 150" blade) or should you just stick to the actual blade length that is specified?

Edit: Forgot to mention that I was gifted an older 12" bandsaw for whatever that's worth. Seems that I should be able to at least use that for some of the scroll type work and keep me from having to swap blades all the time on the larger saw.

Thanks much,
    Brian
    Last edited by Brian Riley; 07-23-2004 at 9:35 AM.