Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I went to Costco yesterday

I went to Costco yesterday

Is this worth $399.00?

It followed me home & that's all I paid for it.

I figure with this Hitachi C 12RSH & my Wixey Digital Angle Gauge I should be able to do just fine.

It is going to make my shop seem bigger. Because I'm going to to move the 12" RAS to storage & sell the 12" CMS.

It has a rebate too a 2 1/4 HP Hitachi Router.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Nice machine. But, I don't know if I'd get rid of the 12" RAS.
    -Jeff
    Thank goodness for SMC and wood dough.

I saw that at CostCo today as well. My wife said to keep moving, but I was able to buy beef jerky.
    Measure once, cut twice, burn the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Makiel View Post
    Nice machine. But, I don't know if I'd get rid of the 12" RAS.
    -Jeff
    I'm not getting rid of it Jeffrey Just storing it along with my Dad's other tools another 10" RAS a 10" table-saw & 6" jointer & air compressor.

You see I'm tool poor. I actually have 2 complete shops of tools. Poor me. My little shop was to crowded I needed room to work.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Snowden View Post
    I saw that at CostCo today as well. My wife said to keep moving, but I was able to buy beef jerky.
    Funny. My wife would have said the same thing...
    Wishes-
    When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor

That's the best chuckle I had all night. Clifford.

I think that is a good deal. I have their 12" compound miter, no slide, with a laser and it has been a great saw for four years now. It cost 350 or so and I would love to have that sliding capability. Some people can't get past the Nike shoe styling, but so what!

Congrats Bart! That should serve you well!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Anyone want a 10" Hitachi CMS:

http://www.amazon.com/Hitachi-C10FCE...V4HFGFVYD7SJPD

This must be the best price ever - $99.
    Dave Falkenstein aka Daviddubya
    Cave Creek, AZ

Maybe it's just me, but everytime I see these Hitachi saws they remind me of some evil space alien creature....even more so with that black flexible dust hose hooked to it. Sort of like the borg on Star Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Cobb View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but everytime I see these Hitachi saws they remind me of some evil space alien creature....even more so with that black flexible dust hose hooked to it. Sort of like the borg on Star Trek.
    Do not resist you will be assimilated....

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Johnson View Post
    Funny. My wife would have said the same thing...
    You should have reminded her in your best Roy Underhill voice But dear there a rebate of a free 2 1/4 HP Hitachi routa.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Falkenstein View Post
    Anyone want a 10" Hitachi CMS:

http://www.amazon.com/Hitachi-C10FCE...V4HFGFVYD7SJPD

This must be the best price ever - $99.
    It is actually at $99 quite often. I bought one for the HS robotics team that I volunteer for, we used it to cut Al with a non-ferrous blade. It was a great saw until a kid tried to cut Steel with it and it caught in the blade and snapped off the fence.

Man, I hope my Costco doesn't have that on the shelves. I'm a dead man if I bring that home

I wanna know how the beef jerky was

Bart,
    Let me know how you like the small table on that unit. I'm just curious if you find it bothersome.
    Last edited by Eric Roberge; 03-30-2009 at 10:43 AM.