Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Houston Woodworking Show

See my post 14 on this thread. These shows started as a place to meet the factory reps who would cut a bargain, but the internet gives similar information and bargains every day, and few factories send reps. You might find a few deals, but that isn't a primary reason to go any more. Last time someone was selling Kreg screws at $15/box of 1000, half the usual price, so I got a box, and picked up a router bit or two (additional 10% off the Woodline low price, but add in sales tax so little bargain).

The free tutorials last year were good, but not enough for me to make the 3 hour drive from Austin.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Hsu View Post
    Bringing back an old thread....but is anybody going to the show this weekend in Houston? I've never been to one, so I'll make the drive out to Katy.

I've been meaning to buy a Kreg K3 kit. Any chance they'll have it discounted at the show?
    I haven't seen any promos about it. Where is it? Katy is a bit of a drive from Seabrook for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rimmer View Post
    I haven't seen any promos about it. Where is it? Katy is a bit of a drive from Seabrook for me.
    Katy again,

Leonard E. Merrel Center
    6301 South Stadium Ln.
    Katy, TX 77494

Friday:12pm-6pm
    Saturday: 10am-6pm
    Sunday:10am-4pm

The demos and "classes" should make it worth the drive.
    last year there where some good deals and the demos where very informative.

Wife and daughter are going to the mall while I meet a couple of guys at the show Sat. I'm just getting into WW so I'm sure I'll find it fun and informative as everything is new to me.

There's a $2 coupon on the website for anybody who is going.