Thread: Pneumatic High Speed Carvers

Pneumatic High Speed Carvers

Has anyone had experience with either the Power Crafter or the Turbo Carver? I am thinking of buying such a tool and would appreciate any pertinent information. Thanks
    Doc

Carver

Hi Keith,

I do not have either of these, but am tempted to get a turbo carver. I frequent the Yahoo Penturners Group, and there was much discussion of these a few months back. The consensus was that the Turbo Carver is better. I have seen some amazing items coming out of the people there that bought one, so they must be pretty good! I recommend you check out the archives at the Penturners Group.

Scott.

Pneumatic High Speed Carvers

I have the PowerCrafter, and really like it. It does take a bit of getting used to, since there's a natural tendency to add more force than necessary. Let the 400,000 rpm do the work.

It will also cut much faster than you'd ever believe, and in the hardest materials you'd imagine. In fact, it actually seems to work better on harder materials.

I don't use mine a lot (yet), but hope to develop my skills a bit more in the future.