Thread: Coffee Mugs ???

Coffee Mugs ???

Anyone have a good source for cheap black coffee mugs, ceramic is preference but will consider others. any help would be great guys.
    Pinnacle M-25 25w, engravelab, autocadd 2002, GIMP photoeditor.

Depending on how many you need..I get mine at walmart...you could check dollartree.com

Mike
    Michael Burroughs
    Burroughs Engraving, Signs & Banners

What colour do those black walmart mugs and plates engrave to? I've thought about picking up some samples (ala Steve goes shopping..ha) and trying them out! Just never got a round-tu-it
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

They turn somewhat white, I think its more distortion due to the engraving (not because of a white inside)...what I usually do is after engraving, I use perminent ink to bring out the design. I found different colored inks at my local scrapbook store. I tried using the color fills but found that after a few runs threw a dishwasher the fill starts to wash off.

I had a picture but can't seem to find it, will take another one and try to post it.

Mike
    Michael Burroughs

Ok, the above post was for the coffee cups. When engraving the plates, the engraved area seems to still retain the original color so you almost have to do some sort of color fill.

Mike
    Michael Burroughs

Ya thats what I thought would happen... I'd like to find a local source for those cobalt blue glass plates and cups.. Or 'any' coloured glass plates and cups.. All the glass ones frost white when etched, and some are very striking..
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it