Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joining the mustard club!!!!!!!!

Joining the mustard club!!!!!!!!

I was out in the shop last night attempting to turn a piece that was a little too large and outta balance for my poor old rockwell. Things wern't going real well when the LOML came out to chat. I was just about to the point when tools were gonna start flying. She saw my frustration and her response was "Why don't you quit fighting with that thing and order your D%$# lathe". SOOOOOOO I got a call into Toolnut waiting on a quote. I see Woodcraft is having 10% off on Powermatic and Jet this Saturday so I will go and give my local store a chance. If they can get close I will give them the sale but I don't have high expectations. Either way by Monday my new lathe will be on order. Any input on how long the shipping process normally takes? I believe I read that these come without a plug. anybody know offhand how many amps these draw so I can get the right plugs around? Any must have accessories? I'm thinking about a remote switch, curved tool rest, and an extra faceplate. I can probably get the faceplate and tool rest cheaper elsewhere than from powermatic though? I'm so excited!!!
    If it ain't broke...fix it anyways...that's why you told your wife you needed all those tools.

My gramps' fav.....If you don't stop, you won't be stuck.

Oh......and most importantly........I am 362 miles mostly south and a little east of Steve Schlumpf.
    Support the Creek
    for only .0164 cents / day

Congrats John. I've had a PM3520B for 18 months now. I can't imagine I"ll ever outgrow it. I've turned on a Robust American Beauty and I 've seen the Oneway line first hand. Is the PM either of those? Nope. But it didn't cost that kind of money either. I think you will be pleased with your selection and it'll last your lifetime.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Congratulations John! You have a great wife, give her a hug! Also, sounds like you're getting a great new lathe. I can't wait to see the pics.
    All the best.

Don

John - congrats on jumping into the deep end of the pool! Looking forward to seeing the photos once it arrives!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Plug is what some call eyes shut. 20 amp.

_ _
    O

Quote Originally Posted by John Fricke View Post
    "Why don't you quit fighting with that thing and order your D%$# lathe".
    I'd be very careful with that comment, John. When my wife says something like that, I just know it can't be good. It'll come back & bite me in the ... later.

It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.

Congrats!!! 20 amps should do it.

PM is great and reliable!

John, I work me 3520B like a dog and it comes back for more every day! She is starting to get a little patina on it of many wet blanks, glue, dye drips etc. but I love the old Mustard! You will be happy and wishing for more! If I had room and money I would get the big brother to the 3520B the 4224 just because I could do bigger and badder things!

Have fun and keep us posted on your progress.

Jeff
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

Welcome to the club. The remote switch is a great addition, although I've had to replace the switch part in mine, and have read of others who had the same problem. Don't bother with the curved tool rests. There are better ones available for less money, IMHO. The PM rests are beefy, but they are cast in a way that gets in the way of actually using tools on them.

Now we are talking, John!

I am very happy for you! You will love it!
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

Can I give your wife my wife's cell number??
    I'm very jealous!

John:

I ordered mine from Toolnut on Wednesday April 1 and it arrived on Tuesday April 7, They ship from TN and I live about 80 miles south of Dallas, TX. The cost was $2959.99 (no shipping charge) I hope to finish the wiring today and then get it set up next week.

Wayne

congratulations, you might want to buy a new insert for your chuck, i assume the morse taper the same, enjoy

John, I don't know of any Mustard owner who does not love their machine. I've got the "A" and love it! I bought a 6" tool rest for those little jobs where the 12" is just too big and in the way. Also I bought spindle adapters so I can still use the face plates for my old machine. Good luck and enjoy!

Walt

Congrats John. Don't ya just love when the wife tells you to order it. Have fun.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.