Thread: Buffing station in progress

Buffing station in progress

I'm working on making a dedicated buffing station - the larger motor is a 1725 rpm 1/2 hp from HF, the other a 1/6 hp a friend gave to me. Various buffing wheels and compounds around the photo. Just wanted to post. Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like you're all set-up. Buffing adds a lot to the beauty of any piece.....Ron
    A turning a day keeps the doctor away.

Mike - you have all the makings of a real nice system! Looking forward to seeing it once you get it all finished!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

That looks great Mike. Looks like you are on your way.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Hi Mike,

Are all those wheels part of standard sets you bought or are they from suppliers other than the well-known ones? I'm thinking of making my own buffing station and I was trying to find alternative suppliers of wheels to reduce costs.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Brendan

Brendan, the wheels with bolts thru them for mounting are from the Beall system - I'll be selling mine at a good price, btw - the others are from a company called 'Caswell Plating' - they have alot of buffing materials. Mike

7. Thanks for that Mike,

I'm in Ireland and everything here costs a fortune so I'm looking at other ways to achieve a buffing set-up than buying well-known systems.