Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions on Woodworking at Home DVD magazine

Thumbs up

If your tight on space in your shop check out the issue with the shop cabinets. Chris did a wonder full job optimizing space with his wall cabinets. I implemented about 10 of them in my shop. Can wait till he comes out with something for the lower cabinets.

About the back issues....

Hi Wes,

Thanks for the order - it is being processed and mailed today. I also sent you an email verifying one of the items you purchased (I tried to save you some money).

As for the back issues. Our goal and plan is to always have them available. However, issue #1 is currently out of stock and we are hoping to get them back in stock near the end of the year. In the meantime, you may want to call your local Rockler Woodworking store to see if they have any back issues in stock. We shipped each store several copies of each issue. From the feedback I am getting, most of them are sold out already but you still may want to call and check.

You can also purchase them at the Rockler stores for $6.95 each as opposed to $8.95 each from our website.

I don't know if Rockler plans on continually stocking the back issues or not. I was hoping they would, but I have not heard if they will or not. They will be carrying the current issues each time they come out though.

Chris

Love it

I like many others have subscribed from the first issue. Personally I learn better from watching than from reading, thus the dvd medium really works for me. I like the idea that Chris and Dick are NOT actors, but regular guys.

I'm not sure why others have yet to copy your idea of a dvd magazine but I wish you all much success.

BTW, Chris don't sell out and put a hugh Timesaver belt sander in your shop like Norm did.

William Hall

PS. I have forgotten what the orginal post was about... sorry ya'll

Timesave? I don't think so..

Hi William,

Our concept of Woodworking at Home doesn't work well with machinery that large. If I were to put one of those in the shop, I would be out of space in that tiny 11' x 22' shop we film in.

While I hope to setup a larger studio for filming the magazine, chances are real good that it will look just like the shop we have now expect a little larger. The only reason I would like a larger space is to be more efficient with the filming processes and to provide a little more staging room for the "in process" projects.

There are two machines I feel a little guilty about in our current shop: that 16" lathe and the wide drum sander. My only defence on selecting those machines is that many home woodworkers now have wide drum sanders and as for the lathe, well, I simply wanted one that big - you never know when you need to turn a large leg for a table.

Chris

You guys just keep making me spend more money ........

I placed my order a few minutes ago....

Brian
    The significant problems we encounter cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

The penalty for inaccuracy is more work

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Scott
    If your tight on space in your shop check out the issue with the shop cabinets. Chris did a wonder full job optimizing space with his wall cabinets. I implemented about 10 of them in my shop. Can wait till he comes out with something for the lower cabinets.
    Just what I need! What issue was that? I subscribed yesterday, but didn't order back issues. Guess I should have!

Looking for Woodworking at Home, #3 / MAY-JUNE 2003

Hello, I was watching my old collection of videos, and realized I am now missing this one. I've been looking for it. Does anyone have it want to sell?, maybe even let me borrow it if nothing else to watch? Thanks, Larry

I found this thread interesting, but when I tried to click on the link for woodworking at home, I get a blank page. A google search also won't get me to that particular site, just stories about the site like this thread. Any suggestions to get to the actual site.
    Thanks,
    John

Blog Entries
    It is a 12 year old thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    It is a 12 year old thread.
    John, these necro-threads always trip me too. Off hand, I'd say the DVD magzine didn't fly back then. Too bad - it sounded good didnt it? But there's something roughly similar at 360 Woodworking dot com if you are still interested.

Fred

Larry,

If you're serious about finding this, please post a "want ad" in the Classified section. Want Ads are only allowed there.

I've closed the thread but I'll leave it up just in case. You don't often see someone reviving a 12 year old thread!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.